U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 11:44 AM

6 posts, read 22,473 times

Advertisements

(Mod edit--address removed) From last week my neighbor started to water his plants 3 times a week- Monday at 3.30 a.m. , wednesday at 3.30 a.m. and Sunday at 6.30 a.m. He has a problems with his automatic sprinkler system. It broken and can not pop up (go up) from ground. It make very strange synchronical sound. And at the same time my gas heater (boiler) and my pipes is going creasy . It make very loud synchronical sound too. I evacuated my family from my house many times, because I am scared and afraid. I can not slip and I can not use a hot water, because I need to tern off my heater (boiler) 3 times a week. I called to propane (gas) company and to water company. They spanned 1.5 hours in my house and can not found problem. I payed 175$ but I still have same problem. Very strange , very loud sound from heater and pipes.
It is looks like my neighbor do not give me sleep every second day.
I am native from Ukraine. English is not my native language. and I don't now where I can call to fix these problem in USA. In gas company, water company and my recreational center they can not help me.
Please I need your help. I do not speak good English and I need your help because i do not know how I can protect myself in not my native country.
Liana.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-30-2013 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: see post #9
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 11:55 AM

15,429 posts, read 19,990,630 times
Liana,

This is just some friendly advice. You probably should not reveal your living address on ANY public forum board such as City Data. There are crazies on these boards who could use the address to harm you.

I recommend that you ask the Moderator to delete your post and then rewrite it without your address.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:03 PM

6 posts, read 22,473 times
I love my address. and my neihbor abuse me and I don/t know who can abuse me more???

Old 09-29-2013, 12:13 PM

20,964 posts, read 42,620,451 times
Call a plumber and have them look at the hot water heater.

Ask the City-Data moderator to remove your street address from the post above so that strangers will not know where you live.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:31 PM

16,791 posts, read 46,458,933 times
You are jumping to conclusions that your neighbor is abusing you. You need to hire a plumber to help you sort out the problem.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:05 PM

55 posts, read 127,984 times
if there is a water pressure regulator installed in your house, try to reduce water pressure a bit. Typically, it should have a round rotary dial and most probably should be in your garage if it is installed at all.

I had these strange sounds in my old house once - I turn on any tap and my pipes would start making noise like whole house is buzzing and all pipes are striking each other. I lowered pressure a bit and things were back to normal and I never heard that noises again.

if that does not work as others suggested, call a plumber. Go to craigslist and find a certified plumber to come and take a look at pipes.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:24 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,105,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianita24 View Post
(Mod edit three word deletion) From last week my neighbor started to water his plants 3 times a week- Monday at 3.30 a.m. , wednesday at 3.30 a.m. and Sunday at 6.30 a.m. He has a problems with his automatic sprinkler system. It broken and can not pop up (go up) from ground. It make very strange synchronical sound. And at the same time my gas heater (boiler) and my pipes is going creasy . It make very loud synchronical sound too. I evacuated my family from my house many times, because I am scared and afraid. I can not slip and I can not use a hot water, because I need to tern off my heater (boiler) 3 times a week. I called to propane (gas) company and to water company. They spanned 1.5 hours in my house and can not found problem. I payed 175$ but I still have same problem. Very strange , very loud sound from heater and pipes.
It is looks like my neighbor do not give me sleep every second day.
I am native from Ukraine. English is not my native language. and I don't now where I can call to fix these problem in USA. In gas company, water company and my recreational center they can not help me.
Please I need your help. I do not speak good English and I need your help because i do not know how I can protect myself in not my native country.
Liana.
Your neighbor is not abusing you. You are hearing sounds and paranoid - professionals have said that there is nothing to fix. Don't you think they would want to find a problem to fix and make money doing so? You are shutting off your hot water heater and punishing your family because you are inventing things to be afraid of.

How is any of that your neighbor's fault? Sounds to me like you have other issues to address first.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-30-2013 at 10:53 AM..

Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 AM

7,238 posts, read 20,615,958 times
I don't know any parts of Austin where you can water 3 times a week. When their sprinklers are going, call the city enforcement line and they'll get fined. We're in a drought and most places can only water 1 or 2 times a week. 3 is not acceptable. You can call 311 to report it also.

And if the noises are only at 3:30 in the morning when a plumber cannot be available, record the sounds and play it for them.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM

17,562 posts, read 23,992,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Call a plumber and have them look at the hot water heater.

Ask the City-Data moderator to remove your street address from the post above so that strangers will not know where you live.
Good advice!

I don't mod this forum but saw the report. Thanks to all who reported this!

OP: giving a general neighborhood area is ok regarding questions and comments but not a specific address.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:52 AM

318 posts, read 618,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Good advice!

I don't mod this forum but saw the report. Thanks to all who reported this!

OP: giving a general neighborhood area is ok regarding questions and comments but not a specific address.
Post #7 contains the address as well as part of a quote. I don't know how to report it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin