Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 AM

11 posts, read 10,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
Believe me, I get over if and when I can. Always on the freeway. But if I'm driving on a central arterial like Burnet Rd and need to make a left turn, I am going to drive the speed limit in the left lane until I turn. Sorry about that...
Actually, you're likely doing exactly what you should be doing there. The keep right except to pass thing is for the highways and interstates. I don't think it applies to city streets and roads.

You've got nothing to apologize for on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 09:15 AM

319 posts, read 737,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredding_Gnar78 View Post
They are more than annoying; they are a threat to my safety and the general population. Legally and ethically I should protect myself and those around me. . Slowing down and/or tapping my breaks sends the message... DONT F*** WITH ME. Its not sinking to their level, because they are the aggressor. I am not the one causing the problem.

Austin seems to have inherited thousands of impatient jerks, with a daily compulsion to risk peoples lives because they lack basic courtesy, patience and common sense. Its a personal issue and they make external people suffer. Reckless behavior is observed and mimicked by similar type-A sociopaths. The result is more avoidable accidents

The thread title says it all; spelling the word 'drive', hyphenated and in all caps, is enough to show the world that you feel insufficient, regardless of the activity involved.
You need to see a psychologist.. or maybe bring Mary Jane into your life

I am not suggesting that we should speed or break the law... very interesting how you and a couple of other posters have "red herringed" to that assumption. But to sit at a light and not turn with dozens behind you, or creep through it making everyone miss it, or putting your brakes on in the middle of a highway with no traffic, driving 50mph in the left highway lane, etc. All these things scream "no one matters but me, I will do what I want". It selfish. Its dangerous. I am ok if you want to sit home with the Mary Jane, or don't have to work, or don't have a need to make ends meet, etc. But for those of us that do, and are carrying the water for the village, a little awareness on the road, please....D-R-I-V-E. No psychologists needed. Just some communal awareness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: