Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 01:24 AM

83 posts, read 99,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceD View Post
I'm in the same neighborhood. Welcome to Austin. Like us, you will love this city.

But the BBQ? Man, I heard all good things about Austin BBQ, then tried out Rudy once, what a disappointment!!!. The rib is unchewable. I haven't try Salt Lick and Franklin yet, but coming from Dallas, I really missed the Spring Creek BBQ that I have regularly for lunch without waiting hour and hour in line.

Sorry for the rant, but I really like good BBQ and missed it badly. Heard about the wait at Franklin and Salt Lick and that really turn me off. I will try them in the future :-)
I plan on trying both Salt Lick and Franklin's, too. I need to see if they taste as good as they look on TV!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Lance (and Mallie), try John Mueller's Meat Co. on East 6th. Get there a little before he opens (10:30) during the week and the wait is not long. The beef short rib is the best, as is the brisket.

But don't ask John any "dumb" questions, or he'll give you some attitude.

Enjoy the free beer he'll hand you.
I love free beer! hahaha Will do!!!

Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Sorry Mallie.....second straight thread we've hijacked of yours. (last time it was on HS football ).
I don't mind, one bit! I'm learning a lot!

Old 11-06-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Alright OP, sorry we took it to BBQ again - maybe it's time for another BBQ thread. Congrats on the move! You're going to enjoy that neighborhood.
I love BBQ, so this is great!

Old 11-06-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Folks, the OP has THREE boys---up to early teens. Got a feeling that Costco discount will be purchasing most of the meals. A regular diet of BBQ for that crew would break the bank! Just having our twin teen nephews for a couple of weeks really opened our eyes!
Yes, my 14 year old is a bottomless pit. The 12 year old is eating more, and more. My 3 year old still eats like a bird, which does not thrill my Italian "feeder" upbringing/instincts, but does make my bank account a little less fearful.

I spend a lot of my paycheck at Costco. Sometimes, I wonder who is paying who? hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin