Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 11:15 AM

112 posts, read 286,150 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I need your suggestions to buy a house near Kelly & Weiss lane in Pflugerville, east of highway 130.
Is it a safe place?
Are the schools ok?
Overall is it a good place for living with two kids (girl 9 and boy 7).

I will appreciate your feedback which can help me to a decision.

Thanks
Aadil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 02:18 PM

87 posts, read 374,963 times
This is a safe area, with most of the neighborhoods having sidewalks and/or trails. The schools in this area are all exemplary/recognized, and are ideal for kids your age. There are numerous elementary schools that are all good, and the middle and high schools are also good.

The only drawback to this area that I can see is the limited in/out. Kelly Lane and Weiss Lane are pretty much the only exit and entrance points, and both are 2-lane country roads. Getting around during the school drop-off times (7:30 - 8:45 am) is kind of frustrating.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM

45 posts, read 143,195 times
Aren't they redoing kelly lane this summer? Of course it will be a nightmare when it's being done but I'm hoping it will be considerably better after

Old 11-19-2013, 10:32 PM

59 posts, read 115,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock View Post
Aren't they redoing kelly lane this summer? Of course it will be a nightmare when it's being done but I'm hoping it will be considerably better after
Kelly Lane will be widened, as stated in the article on page 12/13 in the PDF linked below:

http://archive.impactnews.com/pdfs/R...PH-2013-10.pdf

Old 11-20-2013, 08:49 AM

Thank you all for your feedback. House values are growing super fast in Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park areas. Is it the same case in Pflugerville especially around Kelly & Weiss lanes?

Old 11-20-2013, 09:21 AM

13,437 posts, read 15,374,341 times
It's a good area, has good schools, and sees decent appreciation. You're coming in "high" so don't expect to see stratospheric increases in value. The same can be said of other places as well. You won't lose money.

If a place has good schools, amenities, etc., there's no reason why it would go down in value barring a bad economy.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:59 AM

45 posts, read 143,195 times
In my opinion, the area doesn't have the same appreciation as other areas mentioned like cedar park. I don't expect any depreciation but I am buying in the area to live there for a long period of time.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:02 AM

House values are too much to afford in other areas. Pflugerville area is also catching up with those areas so better to buy before it becomes too expensive. I am ok as long as i don't loose the money. Thank you.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:17 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,374,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachvali View Post
House values are too much to afford in other areas. Pflugerville area is also catching up with those areas so better to buy before it becomes too expensive. I am ok as long as i don't loose the money. Thank you.
That's exactly what I'm saying. The same home I'm in is now going for $300k. Pflugerville is going to be increasingly less affordable as the years go by because of the influx of people who are paying the higher prices. Truth is, Round Rock and Cedar Park are more established and have access to major arteries (i.e. Round Rock has I-35, Dell, etc.) Pflugerville for the longest time was landlocked and lacked amenities and was largely a semi-rural town. Today, Pflugerville isn't really landlocked any longer and is getting more and more amenities. Stone Hill Town Center has some of the newest and nicest stores around. Retailers wouldn't invest so much in a city/area that they think is on the decline. Pflugerville may have been late to the party, but they are making up for lost time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin