Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:47 AM

184 posts, read 1,007,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionid View Post
I think so, yes; would have to check neighborhood name again. Do you know anything about this neighborhood?
I looked at this neighborhood in detail for the last six months and came close to signing a contract with Toll Brothers.

Search for Alta Vista on this forum and you'll see previous discussions on this topic.

My concern is that the subdivision is built by a single builder and I feel the houses look too similar. The price range of the houses is from 400K to 800K and they are all mostly 3500 sqft+ houses. At $700K you are buying one of the most expensive houses in the subdivision, so keep that in mind.

Right across from Toll Brothers, in Falconhead (Drees, Taylor Woodrow) the houses look more upscale, cost the same and have lower property taxes, go figure. I would encourage you to look at Falconhead if you want to stay in Lake Travis ISD.

With a $700K budget you ought to check Senna Hills in the Eanes ISD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 09:49 AM

184 posts, read 1,007,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
Actually it isnt.

Research Areas
Tax Burdens
State-local tax burdens measure the percentage of income that taxpayers in each state pay in state and local taxes. Every tax that is collected on both the state and local level is included in the calculation: income taxes on individuals and businesses; general sales taxes; product specific taxes such as those levied on gas, cigarettes and alcohol; property taxes on individuals and business; and a multitude of other taxes. The tax burden for each state is presented from 1970 to the present.
Thanks for the clarification. I assume they would have calculated real estate taxes based on the median Austin home value which is $200K?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin