Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 03:50 PM

115 posts, read 160,703 times

Advertisements

Hi,

What other communities are similar to Steiner Ranch around Austin?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 04:03 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,816,702 times
Circle C, if you're talking about the Master Planned community "secluded" from other communities, with school on site, pool on site, sports fields on site...

Old 01-04-2014, 05:23 PM

115 posts, read 160,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Circle C, if you're talking about the Master Planned community "secluded" from other communities, with school on site, pool on site, sports fields on site...
Cool, thank you! Any other ones?

Old 01-04-2014, 05:57 PM

Not that are as massive and encompasses all with their own schools, shopping, doctors, etc... all other neighborhoods blend into the one next door.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:06 PM

36 posts, read 72,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse2000 View Post
Hi,

What other communities are similar to Steiner Ranch around Austin?

Thanks!
I think there are actually quite a few like this.
1. Canyon Creek has its own pool, elementary school, etc.
2. Anderson Mill (which gets a bad vibe on this board, but is quite nice in terms of its amenities) has TWO pools, a gym, two elementary schools, many many tennis courts, excellent jogging trails, tons of playgrounds, one soccer field that I know of, a senior citizens' center, a doggy playground, etc. Its two elementary schools don't get great ratings, true, but both feature a Spanish Immersion program starting in kindergarten, as well as walking/biking proximity to Grisham Middle and Westwood.
3. Rattan Creek neighborhood has several excellent playgrounds, an elementary school, nice walking/biking areas, soccer fields, tennis courts, a lovely pool, etc.

All 3 neighborhoods are super close to HEBs, good doctors, pediatricians, etc. Canyon Creek is maybe the closest to Steiner Ranch in terms of there only being a few exits and entrances to said community.

Hope I didn't miss the gist of your question!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:14 PM

Sorry, but none of those are "Master Planned" like Steiner. It's not about a community pool. It's an entire "city" off by itself where the entire community is contained with everything you need and never have to leave Steiner if you don't want to.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:26 PM

36 posts, read 72,778 times
Quote:
Sorry, but none of those are "Master Planned" like Steiner. It's not about a community pool. It's an entire "city" off by itself where the entire community is contained with everything you need and never have to leave Steiner if you don't want to.
Ah, I had no idea Steiner had things like a grocery store, etc. A friend of mine who lives there is forever going to the HEB by my home (near Anderson Mill and 620) and she in fact joined my son's preschool, lamenting that there was no preschool in Steiner (though there is some sort of community daycare, she said); we also joined the Gold's Gym together on 183. I was under the impression Steiner Ranch did not have all these things, guess I was wrong - sorry!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:26 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,280,583 times
Quote:

If that is the description, Belterra, Meridian, Crystal Falls - all fit that description.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
If that is the description, Belterra, Meridian, Crystal Falls - all fit that description.
But those still aren't like Steiner, which is what the OP said she's looking for. Steiner is all inclusive with everything right in the neighborhood. Belterra doesn't have a grocery store or a dentist or a pediatrician or a daycare or a gas station or anything else. All the neighborhoods you just mentioned are just houses and schools. They do not offer an all inclusive Master Plan. I don't live in Steiner and not many of my clients end up buying in Steiner when they think they want to live there, so I'm not trying to be an advocate for Steiner, but the OP wants to know what other neighborhoods are like Steiner and Circle C is really the only comparison.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:05 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,280,583 times
Quote:
Belterra doesn't have a ... daycare ...

All the neighborhoods you just mentioned are just houses and schools. They do not offer an all inclusive Master Plan.
Belterra Preparatory School

Funny, did you say this:

Quote:
FalconheadWest Circle C, if you're talking about the Master Planned community "secluded" from other communities, with school on site, pool on site, sports fields on site...
Because Belterra, Meridian and Crystal Falls have all those things - including a "master plan". The OP said "similar" - not "identical".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin