Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you eat breakfast tacos?
Nearly every day 2 4.26%
3-5 times per week 6 12.77%
1-2 times per week 19 40.43%
A couple of times a month 17 36.17%
Yuck. I hate them! 3 6.38%
What are breakfast tacos? 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy the Plasterer View Post
Wow.
This town is full of hole in the wall taco joints and taco trailers in every convenience store parking lot, run by real live Mexicans, cranking out real life honest to God great tacos.... and people in this forum are saying Rudy's is the best place to get a breakfast taco.
Wow.
Dude...For many on here, it's a tortilla wrapped around bacon, egg and cheese. Don't have to go to Old Mexico for that. Puh-leeze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 04:00 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,103,544 times
I'm guessing it is mostly convenience. I would have to drive miles to get to a Rudy's!

I don't eat breakfast tacos often enough, 1-4x a month. I go to a trailer in the parking lot of a convenience stores at Live Oak and S. First. Or the place on Airport, or a trailer to the east of the intersection of Lamar and 53st street. Mexicana Bakery is great too.

But I don't expect anyone in Jester or Avery Ranch to hit them for breakfast tacos. Rudy's seem to often be located at the entrance of master-planned communities.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
But I don't expect anyone in Jester or Avery Ranch to hit them for breakfast tacos. Rudy's seem to often be located at the entrance of master-planned communities.
Alas, no Rudy's particularly close to Avery Ranch...in fact, no BBQ within 5 miles or so! I've been lobbying hard to get one(slight possibility in the works). And yes, this particular BBQ joint does serve breakfast tacos!

Old 02-01-2014, 04:16 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,278,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Rudy's seem to often be located at the entrance of master-planned communities.
????? I can think of two - one on 183, the other on 360 in WLH. Neither is near any planned community. Am I missing something?

And FWIW, I agree with the thought there are waaaaaay too many options here to eat breakfast tacos at Rudy's. One wouldn't expect good barbeque at a taqueria, would one?

Old 02-01-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
????? I can think of two - one on 183, the other on 360 in WLH. Neither is near any planned community. Am I missing something?
Yeah, the Round Rock location isn't...I guess the 620 store is around the corner from River Place, kinda sorta.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:23 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times
Quote:
Wow.
This town is full of hole in the wall taco joints and taco trailers in every convenience store parking lot, run by real live Mexicans, cranking out real life honest to God great tacos.... and people in this forum are saying Rudy's is the best place to get a breakfast taco.
Wow.
Rudy's isn't the best, but it's fast and convenient. Real live Mexicans are making them at most of the Rudy's as well. And I've waited in line 45 minutes before to get a "Don Juan" at Juan in a Million in East Austin and it was good, but not worth a 45 minute wait. I like Taco Deli best for breakfast tacos personally, but it's normally a 10 minute wait there as well.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:30 PM

150 posts, read 392,933 times
Best I had for the price is Montenegro on Braker by 35. They were $1 and they upped it to $1.25. My best, is Bacon and Egg. Verde salsa is HOT!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 05:47 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
When I lived in Austin, east of I-35, I used to love the breakfast tacos from El Chilito on Manor Road at Cherrywood. Two items, $1.79. I had good breakfast tacos all over Austin, but theirs hit me jussssstttt right.

And for lunch or dinner, the Yucatan favorite cochinita pibil... pulled pork, orange peel, ground achiote seed that stains your fingers red... for $2.79 was my go-to favorite taco, with carne guisada in second place. Hope to get back for a visit soon.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:08 PM

180 posts, read 267,221 times
It seems unwise to me to eat something so fatty and heavy for breakfast unless combating a hangover. But I'm repelled by plain eggs most mornings so what do I know.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:31 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Wow.
Wow.
I didn't say they were the best, but they aren't bad if you customize them. And all the Rudy's taco makers speak the same language as the ones at Taqueria La Tapatia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin