Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 11:10 PM

80 posts, read 195,882 times

Advertisements

I liked the floor plans with Grand haven homes in Sarita Valley (Particularly model home)

Any suggestion on this community and this builder so that helps me making my final decision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 08:20 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,835,048 times
Builder "brand" is irrelevant. They all use the same subs - think about it, what "brand" was the home you grew up in?

Sarita Valley is community propane, right? That would be a deal breaker for me.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 PM

I don't have much knowledge on the community propane and on the high level when I did my research I think this community is not.
The current service provider is atmosenergy and pedernales electric. So this could confirm I think..

Is there a way to check whether a community is community propane?

Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFOtoAustin View Post
I don't have much knowledge on the community propane and on the high level when I did my research I think this community is not.
The current service provider is atmosenergy and pedernales electric. So this could confirm I think..

Is there a way to check whether a community is community propane?
Ask the builder flat out if it's propane or not. If it is, walk away without any further conversation.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
Ask the builder flat out if it's propane or not. If it is, walk away without any further conversation.
Ok, thanks for his valuable suggestion.

Any other info I should check with this community. some part of this community zoned for commercial and also for multi family purpose.
And this community is also not gated. So I am not sure will there any impact if I buy single family with grand haven?

If there any other community comparable, please let me know.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:33 PM

It's in the middle of BFE. There's no need for a gate, unless you're trying to keep cattle out of the neighborhood.

Comparable? They're everywhere. There is literally nothing distinguishing that neighborhood from dozens around it. If you like the house and the commute works, good.

As a side note, the furthest south I would remotely consider from there commute-wise would be 183/Mopac, and even that would be a stretch.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:04 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,438,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
It's in the middle of BFE. There's no need for a gate, unless you're trying to keep cattle out of the neighborhood.

Comparable? They're everywhere. There is literally nothing distinguishing that neighborhood from dozens around it. If you like the house and the commute works, good.

Dude...really, for someone with the moniker "RoadWarrior", you must not travel much.

It's not in the Austin CBD, that's for sure; but it's 2.5 miles from 1431 and more shopping and eating than you could do in a long time! I live in Austin and ride by there on my bicycle quite regularly...BFE indeed

Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Dude...really, for someone with the moniker "RoadWarrior", you must not travel much.

It's not in the Austin CBD, that's for sure; but it's 2.5 miles from 1431 and more shopping and eating than you could do in a long time! I live in Austin and ride by there on my bicycle quite regularly...BFE indeed
I appreciate your concern, but go easy on your forehead - in this case "BFE" isn't a knock, so you can put the hackles down. Rest assured I travel plenty, and see plenty. The closest traffic light is nearly 3 miles from that neighborhood, if by "shopping and eating" you mean HEB, Starbucks and Home Depot - fine. All of that aside, it is in BFE as far as "gee, it doesn't have a gate - should I be concerned" goes.

If the commute works, and the house works, for the OP. Great. Worrying about a gate when your neighbors are probably outnumbered by wildlife in a 1000' radius isn't something I'd be concerned with.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:19 AM

116 posts, read 360,895 times
My parents live in Sarita Valley and it is definitely not in the middle of no where. It takes me less than 10 minutes to get there from my Cedar Park home. I take the 183 access road to East Crystal Falls Parkway, turn left off of Crystal Falls Parkway and the neighborhood is right there. It's a traffic light and it's definitely not 3 miles away. Road Warrior, it must have been some time since you were out that direction. Either that or you are confusing it with a different neighborhood.

Anyway..
It's a nice neighborhood and they like their house. They were not happy with the sales department of Grand Haven. They were promised (verbally) many things which did not happen. The biggest of these being that a portion of their closing costs were supposed to be paid by the builder. Builder never came through on this and they had to come up with an extra 4k days before closing.

It does not run off of community propane. There's another neighborhood a few miles down (Rancho Siena) that my parents were considering as well and that community does have community propane.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 PM

181 posts, read 427,000 times
I looked at new homes in that area recently, but decided to build in another part of Leander. That area is close to about everything, unless you mean a five minute drive is long.
Good information about Grand Haven, thank you tickledpink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin