Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:09 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,648,843 times

Advertisements

Tabnet, Cedar Park is within Leander ISD and go to austinhomesearch.com and you can search by schools and find out what the rental market is. Let me know if ya need any help, we are renting in Leander to get the lay of the land also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 12:34 PM

347 posts, read 1,566,760 times
Cedar park gets a bum rap on the boards but I really like it. It's not quirky like the older parts of town, but it's very pleasant and there are kids and SAHM's galore.
I've only been here a month but PM me if you have any questions.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:17 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
Cedar Park? Try defending Hutto like I do.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:27 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,648,843 times
anything outside of south Austin is not Austin guys didn't you know that? LOL

Very happy in my Cedar Park/Leander/RR location!

Old 12-09-2007, 08:19 PM

4 posts, read 15,833 times
Hi All,
Many thanks again to all. I will check out Cedar Park and other adjacent areas within the Leander ISD when I go there next before we finally move to Austin.
Thanks again...

Old 12-10-2007, 08:24 AM

21 posts, read 51,008 times
I agree with gigi - Steiner Ranch has excellent schools. The airport commute is a bit of a hassle though. A great place to bring up children.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:34 AM

212 posts, read 1,076,305 times
Wow, Sydney Australia - I think that is the most beautiful city I have ever been to, I fell in love with it last year. I agree you should rent the first year to get a feel for the area. My guess is you will enjoy the area around Steiner Ranch and 620 because of the hills and lakes.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,339 times
Thumbs up Austin Resident w/ Suggestions

Hey Tabnet,

I live in north Austin, but have lived in all areas of Austin. Where abouts in Austin will you be working? If you'll be working close to the north Austin area, I would also suggest checking out the Cedar Park or Round Rock areas. If you'll be more towards the south Austin area, I would check out the Oak Hill, Sunset Valley, or even the Buda (about 30 minute commute to South Austin) areas.
I agree with Ganks, Sydney is a very beatiful. I've been there before, and will be returning to Sydney next week. Do you have any suggestions about things I should do, or see (other than the normal recommendations)?
Austin, I agree, is a beautiful city, and a great city to bring up kids. There are a lot of things to do and see. I love to do things outdoors, are you an outdoors person? A few of the things I love to do is to hunt, fish, and water skiing. The hill country and Buda/ Kyle area are good places to do this (but will be better once we get some rain).
Sorry for the novel everone

Old 07-17-2009, 09:02 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutSniper View Post
Hey Tabnet,

I live in north Austin, but have lived in all areas of Austin. Where abouts in Austin will you be working? If you'll be working close to the north Austin area, I would also suggest checking out the Cedar Park or Round Rock areas. If you'll be more towards the south Austin area, I would check out the Oak Hill, Sunset Valley, or even the Buda (about 30 minute commute to South Austin) areas.
I agree with Ganks, Sydney is a very beatiful. I've been there before, and will be returning to Sydney next week. Do you have any suggestions about things I should do, or see (other than the normal recommendations)?
Austin, I agree, is a beautiful city, and a great city to bring up kids. There are a lot of things to do and see. I love to do things outdoors, are you an outdoors person? A few of the things I love to do is to hunt, fish, and water skiing. The hill country and Buda/ Kyle area are good places to do this (but will be better once we get some rain).
Sorry for the novel everone
Yo, Scout......thread was a year and a half ago.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:37 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,974,466 times
Cedar Park is a terribly suburban area that isn't very attractive, doesn't offer much to do, and is on the complete opposite side of the world from the Austin airport. If you can find a suitable rental out there I suppose that should be ok for up to a year, but Cedar Park isn't really Austin; indeed it isn't even in the same county. I hope that others more knowledgeable than I - a former long-time Austinite - about the current status of special education programmes in the various school districts, and autism programmes in particular, will be able to provide you further guidance about this. I'd hate to see you end up in Cedar Park because it had the only decent programme for autistic pupils (I'm sure that isn't the case BTW).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin