Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 01:58 PM

179 posts, read 245,605 times

Advertisements

luv wha
taburger-yummmmmmmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,201,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatnv View Post
I love In-N-Out, I'm from Calif and its a taste of home but I gotta say, I like Whataburger better when it comes to the drive through fast food burger. I also really like 5 Guys. Need to try Smash, where is the Cedar Park location?
Technically I guess its not Cedar Park.

It is in the same plaza as the Alamo Draft House at Lakeline.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:01 PM

12,866 posts, read 13,169,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH6 View Post
Technically I guess its not Cedar Park.

It is in the same plaza as the Alamo Draft House at Lakeline.
We went to that HEB this morning and were surprised to see a couple more eatin' joints there - La Madilyn & a pizzaria besides the Smash Burger.

Looks like that is developing into quite a walking neighborhood with a lot of shopping & dining within a reasonable distance, especially for the hundreds of new apartments going in across the street.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,445,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
We went to that HEB this morning and were surprised to see a couple more eatin' joints there - La Madilyn & a pizzaria besides the Smash Burger.

Looks like that is developing into quite a walking neighborhood with a lot of shopping & dining within a reasonable distance, especially for the hundreds of new apartments going in across the street.
I dropped by the HEB today around 6PM...you would have thought it was the day before Thanksgiving!
Parking lot was packed(I think La Madeleine will do great there...been twice already). Good golly, that's some crazy traffic around there! Still haven't made it to Snow Pea yet...gotta check on the MSG count first.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:42 PM

65 posts, read 86,252 times
Man, I couldn't wait for In-n-Out to come to Austin and I've found it so disappointing! I loved it when we lived in SoCal. I think in the intervening years, the gourmet cheeseburger movement has come about with many attractive alternatives like Mighty Fine and P. Terry's. Honestly, I think they are both better that InO.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:06 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,789,612 times
Well, they've submitted a site plan for their fourth location on S Lamar (which was mentioned before on this forum, just not confirmed) -
New In-N-Out could turn South Lamar into "Burger Boulevard" - CultureMap Austin

So they must be doing OK... Also, I suspect they are in it for the long run.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:00 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,445,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Well, they've submitted a site plan for their fourth location on S Lamar (which was mentioned before on this forum, just not confirmed) -
New In-N-Out could turn South Lamar into "Burger Boulevard" - CultureMap Austin

So they must be doing OK... Also, I suspect they are in it for the long run.
Looked like a very soft opening week in front of the new Costco on 1431(Cedar Park). Pretty quiet @ 1300 today...not sure what day they actually opened.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,212,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Looked like a very soft opening week in front of the new Costco on 1431(Cedar Park). Pretty quiet @ 1300 today...not sure what day they actually opened.
Yesterday the 10th, we went for dinner and it was easy in, easy seating and lots and lots of staff!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:03 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,528,017 times
I only have been there once, but the line was long. The fries were complete cardboard. For the price and quality, I choose P. Terry's any day.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:34 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,405,810 times
Apparently they are like Chick-fil-A, in that they mix a particular religious point-of-view with their business. For instance, has anyone seen the bible passages on their cups, containers, and wrappers?

I'm not too bent out of shape if a privately owned company company does that. However, I find this practice annoying enough that I won't patronize them for that reason. OTOH, I do patronize Marriott, which is Mormon, because they don't do things that alienate me. They even have in-room coffee and serve alcohol in their restaurants. And they don't preach, other than having the Book of Mormon in the bedside tables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin