Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 01:43 PM

895 posts, read 1,239,825 times

Advertisements

No not interested in moving there...I really like cedar park/jonestown/Leander area so I'm quite content contebt but I was just wondering about pflugerville because it seemed identical to round rock really. Now Taylor/Elgin/manor...not for me personally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 02:22 PM

45 posts, read 143,769 times
I don't understand the stigma either. The PV school system has very good elementary and middle schools (Rowe Lane and Riojas). Test schools and ratings are similar to many good schools in RR or leander. Hendrickson is not as good as some of the better schools in RR or leander. Somebody made the comparison of Stony Point and I think I agree. I would probably rate Hendrickson as OK but not great. The thing is if you're moving there and have no kids or very young kids, you're talking about 15 years before your kids are at that point. A lot of things can change by that time. If PV keeps growing at the pace it is, they'll need a new high school before that point. Yes RR and Leander overall has a better school system, but I think some people make it out to be the best of the best of the best and PV is the ghetto. In reality, the PV system is very good. If they can get Hendrickson to turn around a bit they would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin