Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:29 AM
fil

364 posts, read 1,627,418 times

Advertisements

I was told 34th 1/2 St and Guadelope and park at ?

Also, we cannot believe the holiday/Christmas lighting spirit this city has. I was shamed to string up 3000 lights since the rest of the surrounding streets were lit up where we're at plus our HOA has a buy an HOA tree and put it up in the front yard decorated program.

Good stuff Austin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 15,528 times
Thumbs up what??!?

we love 37th street. we go every year. last year, we met the new inhabitants of the most famous house on the street. they had just moved in, so their display wasn't that great, but they assured us they would not be slacking in the future. they definitely knew what they had to live up to. we're off to 37th tonight! too bad all those "it was better before" austinites will miss out! also, we took our toddler to the zilker trail of lights a couple of weeks ago for the first time, and we all thought it was first-class. our family recommends both events.

my husband just reminded me that when we met the new inhabitant of the 37th st house last year, she was visibly upset by all of the insensitive comments about her meager lighting display. sad.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:15 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,056,449 times
Quote:
we're off to 37th tonight!
How was it?!?!
I think we may drop by tonight or tomorrow and see how it looks.

I still have a hard time stomaching Trail of Lights though. Unless it's changed, it was more or less like being a cow herded along a path of commercial blandness, the best part being the final exit and freedom!! Our kids did like it though, when they were smaller. Last time they said it wasn't that good for them, and I agreed, so we never went back. That was several years ago.

Steve

Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 16,079 times
Default Cicle C Rigsbee Ct trail of lights

I am the guy in Circle C with the Crazy Christmas light display.
Park your car and take a stroll. You will experience amazement.
This is Austin's best kept secret!
10708 Rigsbee Ct. Austin 78739 *** Open 6:00 - 10:00PM Sunday - Thu 6:00 - 11:00pm Fri-Sat***

Google or Mapquest. The streets are a bit challenging.
Look for the glow in the sky!! :-)

Old 12-04-2008, 02:18 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
There's a house on West San Antonio in San Marcos that used to have 7' tall letters that spelled "BAH HUM BUG" every year. I wonder if they're still there.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
Savin Hill Ct in Circle C Ranch has an amazing coordinated theme that every house on the culdesac participates in each year. I also remember several streets in On the Park just north of Kiker going all out each year as well. In general, CCR decorates the main street into the neighborhood (Escarpment) and most residents attempt to be festive. One guy used to dress up as Santa every year and sit in front of his house every weekend so the kids could come and see him and his sleigh. That was off of South Bay on the west side of Escarpment...not sure if they still live there but what an amazing couple they were. They lived to see the little ones faces light up. CCR is very pretty that time of year and I loved that about living there. The PEC in Johnson City is also a sight to behold around Christmas time. Trail of Lights is good to see at least once in your Austin life cycle but it is generally pretty crowded and hard if your kids are really little and in anything other than a backpack. But it's tradition so I say go for it! The Trail of Lights 5K is a great way to see the lights sans crowds. 37th St is something to see once as well but it's also crowded.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:24 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
Pwainscott...will you post a picture?? I lived on Readvill Ln off of South Bay and Escarpment for 7 years. We really miss CCR this time of year. What a great neighborhood!!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,536 times
I just google mapped the CCR guys address and if you click on street view you can see the lighting display (not lit because its daytime)Use your imagination!

Old 10-31-2009, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 14,345 times
You can also checkout the cul-de-sac on Anna Court in Cedar Park. Their website is http://www.annacourt.com/. In past years they have gone all out lighting up their roof-tops and even making a huge christmas tree.

Last edited by bryankarp; 10-31-2009 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: trying to add URL

Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 PM

3 posts, read 11,948 times
Default christmas lights around Austin

I personally like the one up in Georgetown the guy has thousands of lights and they go to a song thats like a mega mix of songs. I've seen others and they useally have one song that plays or several songs back to back but this one has like a mega mix that really cool. My family and I go every year to see it and this year we went trick or treating in that neighborhood to see if they did something at halloween too. It was crazy the house had giant eyeballs in the windows upstairs and call me crazy but they seemed to follow you. He also had a ghost that was glowing and floating in an upstairs window. There was so many things going on that you just have to see it to believe it. I know it was a he that put it together because he was like a zombie scaring people. I heard one lady say it was like the house of torment in this guy's yard. There was what appeared to be maybe his son out there too so if one wasnt scareing you the other one was. Plus there was one of those vampire guys that popped up at you when you walked by it just like in a haunted house. It looked homemade because it wasnt like one of the ones from Walmart. It rose like a foot above my head and Im six foot tall. It was crazy for being in some normal looking neighborhood. There was a sign on the graveyard fence with one of those codes you scan from your iphone it took me to www.georgetownholidays.com so maybe check that out and see what he does for Christmas it is definiately worth the drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin