Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:19 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,683,952 times

Advertisements

I agree that experience is good, but I also think it's bad to give kids EVERYTHING they want. I think it's probably not too good an idea for them to grow up expecting to get everything, because when they become adults and some things don't happen, it could be an incredible let down, as they won't have any skills to deal with it. There's nothing wrong with Miley Cyrus, but tickets that are that expensive are crazy. It's not worth it. Phantom of the Opera is not quite the same thing as Hannah Montana. My parents also allowed me to go to concerts and plays, etc...but not if it was going to bankrupt them that month or if they had to camp out for 3 days. Bankrupting yourself or sacrificing a necessity for a want is not a good lesson to learn. And yes, I hate that little ticket dealers can buy the whole shebang almost before the end of the sentence announcing the tickets are going on sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 11:00 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,311,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
My 11 year old wants to go. My 14 year old is ambivelent, but would go if we had the tickets. I tried to get tickets online yesterday through TexasBoxOffice.com, but was not successful. I thought it would have made a nice xmas present. We don't have cable so they only get to see the show at Grandmas.

The only way I'll purchase from a third party is for face value or lower. Otherwise, I feel I am supporting the professional ticket buyers who drive up the prices.

At this point, I think the best strategy is to plan on missing the first half of the show and checking for cut-rate tickets on or at the Erwin Center at showtime, as the people who thought they'd make money will be trying to dump them.

Steve
Great idea...I might see you there! I did that once, when it was the "SEC"..I took cash and looked for a scalper who was ready to deal. They'll be there.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:04 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,048,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Great idea...I might see you there! I did that once, when it was the "SEC"..I took cash and looked for a scalper who was ready to deal. They'll be there.
I meant to say "on Craigs List" or at the Erwin Center. I think the Erwin Center would be better because it eliminates the coordination and meetup portion of the endeavour.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:29 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,614,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Kids regularly camp outside Kyle field overnight at Texas A&M to get good tickets pulled for the Aggie games
.............. Then the let down when the Aggies loose.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:33 PM

Oh.... also I hate the Black Friday sales. The one right after Thanksgiving day.

It's funny b/c of the ratt race and how rude people are on that day.

I also think its a joke! You can get a good deal, but the 399.00 laptops that were on the Black Friday happen this weekend @ my BestBuy. I saw a gateway laptop on sale for 399.00 and it was a better and faster CPU unit. HAHHA to the loosers on Black Friday. IMHO the best day for great sales in the NEW YEAR!

I plan to get my new set of furniture, 50" LCD and home theater equipment. Now we'll see whos getting a great deal and most of all, I will not be bumping into anybody and fighting for it.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:01 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
.............. Then the let down when the Aggies loose.
Except when they beat TU longhorns, sawed em' off again!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Except when they beat TU longhorns, sawed em' off again!
.......and them Aggs still fired me!!

Kind thanks,
Coach Fran

Old 12-21-2007, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,659 times
Default & What about the rush?

My kids really want to go but when i tell em about huge rush ,they say big NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin