Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times

Advertisements

RR, Hutto and Gtown - in my opinion are not just "flat farmlands" but PF definitely is. It was large ranch land owned by the Pfluger family - with most of the trees taken down for farming needs.

That doesn't matter to some people though - and it's a nice enough, family friendly community - with good schools and a cute little historic area. It's close to Austin, and is developing it's own personality - which will grow over time. This might be just the right place for some people - but don't go there expecting it to be something it's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,432,372 times
The name of the town says it all.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Phlegm-loogey-ville?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 PM

216 posts, read 995,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Phlegm-loogey-ville?

Wow, What age are the people posting? I would hazard a guess of 17 or lower.

I'm sorry you think Pflugerville to be less than perfect for you but can you think of objective things to say?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:45 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheMoveAGAIN View Post

I'm sorry you think Pflugerville to be less than perfect for you but can you think of objective things to say?
Thanks for your concern, but I am perfectly objective.
Pflugerville does not matter to me in any way other than its funny name.
And FYI, I am 32 yrs old and I will always find it amusing when towns' names resemble the word "phlegm".

Old 09-06-2007, 04:52 PM

230 posts, read 544,739 times
I have lived in Pflugerville since 2002. I love our neighborhood and the area we live in. I grew up in Austin and we originally wanted to live southwest but the price of houses changed our mind. I think the toll road is going to change the area a lot.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:42 PM

216 posts, read 995,953 times
Post Pflugerville

These are the reasons we picked Pflugerville as a place to live:

What is important to us as a family?:
-Short commute time
-Mortgage repayment no more than 1/4 of income
-Walking distance for a school
-Availability to toll roads if needed. (honestly I rarely use them but I can choose them if I need to).

Pflugerville has many shops & restaurants that are family owned and run. If that appeals to you then great, if not, you can go to both RoundRock or Downtime Austin quite easily.
There is also the Stonehill Town Center being built but won't be ready until 2008. There is a map of what is planned for that on the web, just search under the title.

There are more important things to consider when buying a home (safety, investment etc..) But I really didn't want the stress of a large mortgage payment when we moved here to be one of them.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:43 PM

264 posts, read 1,094,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Only move to Pflugerville and Hutto if you like driving a lot for everything. I'm sure some Pfers and Huts will come to defend it but if your activities extend beyond going to McDonalds, HEB, and Blockbuster you better like filling up your gas tank an awful lot.
Well, same thing applies to RR!! At least if your are in the Brushy Creek area, but it is sure beautiful here. At least you can walk to the pool and the trail.
As for Pflugerville, I don't know anything, besides they just came up with their "motto" on t-shirts for the city and it goes "Pflugerville... Between a rock and a weird place".
Hutto, a struggling city, from what I have heard.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:06 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
Hutto is only struggling because not 5-7 yrs ago, there was literally NOTHING there but Wag a Bag, Snuffy's, and Sonic. It's growing very quickly and is doing it's best to keep up. It has it's problems, but I'm sure that many of them, over time, will be ironed out.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:59 PM

7 posts, read 26,953 times
Don't let everyone color your image of Pflugerville. With the new toll roads access is really pretty easy unless you are commuting to downtown Austin every day (in which case NO place is easy except downtown and that costs a LOT). I just traveled from Pflugerville to the Austin airport two weeks in a row. On the tollway it took me less than 30 minutes from my driveway to the parking lot. I couldn't do that when I lived in Austin and had to sit in traffic. Much of Round Rock, Pflugerville, and Hutto is on 130 or 45 so if you are going to northwest Austin or South Austin, it's not so bad. Pflugerville also has a 4-star Hungarian restaurant and a lot of small family owned restaurants. The area is growing and improving and while it may not have all of the wonderful things in Austin (like 6th Street), it also doesn't have many of the not so wonderful things (bums living under the freeway at 6th Street).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin