Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,036 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to South Austin by south congress in mid August and I need a place to keep my horses. I'm a college student and can't afford to keep them in the places the are near my apartments. I am a barrel racer and would like to find a place with other barrel racers or western riders. I would prefer to find a little facility with just a few people versus a big places. I don't mind driving, I'm driving 35 min to my barn here at home. I'm new to the area and would really appreciate the help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:58 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
I'm not sure what a little place means to you. But I would check with Bear Creek Stables in Manchaca, and if they don't suit they might be able to point you to places that do.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:28 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
I have a question about horses. There's a lot of pictures of fat horses online and some of them might be photo shopped. No doubt. Here in Finland i see a lot of horses but i've never seen a fat horse. Do they even exist?

Thanks.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:05 AM

Can you provide a link to what you consider a "fat horse"? That would make it easier to answer.

And, yes, fat horses do exist. Some horses are "easy keepers" (I call them air ferns - they put on weight no matter how little they eat).

Old 06-19-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Can you provide a link to what you consider a "fat horse"? That would make it easier to answer.

And, yes, fat horses do exist. Some horses are "easy keepers" (I call them air ferns - they put on weight no matter how little they eat).
Well, here is one. I assume it's photo shopped.

http://keepinghouseandhorse.files.wo...hotoshop3.jpeg

Old 06-19-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
Well, here is one. I assume it's photo shopped.

http://keepinghouseandhorse.files.wo...hotoshop3.jpeg
Okay, I'd say that that is definitely photoshopped as a joke. Not only because it's obvious from looking at it, but because it actually says photoshop3 in the url.

What's your actual experience with horses?

Old 06-19-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Okay, I'd say that that is definitely photoshopped as a joke. Not only because it's obvious from looking at it, but because it actually says photoshop3 in the url.

What's your actual experience with horses?
Not much experience. But a relative of mine has plenty of ponies and a horse. What started as a hobby for her is now a business. She takes clients, mostly kids for a little fee and offers them of course riding but also how to nurture them properly. I could ride as much as i wanted (for free of course) but then again i'm pretty busy with my own hobbies during my freetime. Actually, before you answered i called her up and asked are there fat horses and she replied yes. It's just that i've never seen one in real life. Maybe i need to look around more.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 AM

63 posts, read 213,663 times
It's not really a small place, but Graymar Farm in Driftwood has a lot of western riders and the care is excellent. The owner, Penny, is also one of the most amazing people you will ever meet. It should only take about 30 minutes to get there from South Austin. Graymar Farms - Home

I don't know much about them, but there is also a place off Fitzhugh with western riders called Austin Stables.

There's not really a big barrel racing scene in this area. Maybe someone at the Central Texas Barrel Racing Association can provide more suggestions. Central Texas Barrel Racing Assoc

Good luck!

Old 06-19-2014, 02:14 PM

27 posts, read 77,820 times
Look up "NbhaTx TwentyThree" at Facebook. There is Poor Girl Productions in Bastrop. Also Wrap N 3 Productions is out of Gonzales. The ground is better in these areas than in Hamilton area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin