Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 11:10 AM

38 posts, read 152,307 times

Advertisements

Howdy all,

I have a decision to make and looking for some help from my fellow city-data friends..

I have a home around Ranch at brushy creek with the best schools in RISD and looking to lease it to move into a different home ( please lets not argue over renting vs selling )

1. Is leasing a good option in this area?
2. How soon does the houses go for lease?
3. is November a good time to put a house on lease?
4. what is the general cents/sq foot we can expect in this area for a decent house?

I know i am asking a lot but i have been running all these thoughts and not getting a clear answer, the real estate people are painting a beautiful picture and i want to know if that is true from your experiences.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 11:32 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,836,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie_buyer View Post
Howdy all,

I have a decision to make and looking for some help from my fellow city-data friends..

I have a home around Ranch at brushy creek with the best schools in RISD and looking to lease it to move into a different home ( please lets not argue over renting vs selling )

4. what is the general cents/sq foot we can expect in this area for a decent house?

I know i am asking a lot but i have been running all these thoughts and not getting a clear answer, the real estate people are painting a beautiful picture and i want to know if that is true from your experiences.

Thank you in advance.
1. Generally speaking, I don't think so. At least not for a long-term solution. Many are looking to buy in that area, not lease. You might be able to pick up a string of one-year tenants while folks build or are new to the area, but I highly doubt you'll find long-term tenants.

2. Depends on your pricing. I'd say a minimum of 2-3 weeks.

3. No. People generally hate moving around the holidays. In an area that schools are the #1 driver, your peak time is summer.

4. Looks like around $0.75/ft.

FYI - really hard to not argue renting v. selling when your first question is whether renting is a good idea.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:54 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,547,082 times
Quote:

You stated that it's "around Ranch at Brushy Creek". Ranch at Brushy Creek is a specific subdivision in Cedar Park with a community swimming pool, basketball court, playgrounds, etc.

1. Is it actually in the RRISD side of Ranch at Brushy Creek so it feeds into Patsy Sommer Elementary? If so, then there is definitely high demand in there.

2&3. As RoadWarrior12 stated, the best time is in the summer because people want to move when the kids are out of school. It's still possible for people to move during the year, but I agree that November and December generally aren't the best months.

4. It depends, but I'd look at the current comps. There is one active home for lease in Ranch at Brushy Creek on the RRISD side now for $2400 (5br/3ba, 2940 square feet, built in 2009, covered patio, good sized yard). Now if you're not actually talking about RRISD inside the actual Ranch at Brushy Creek subdivision, then it will probably be a bit lower. There is a 2526 square foot active rental on the Leander ISD side of Ranch at Brushy Creek, 3br/2ba, built in 2006, with a small backyard for $1900 per month.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,741,856 times
Quote:
.....I have a home around Ranch at brushy creek with the best schools in RISD and looking to lease it to move into a different home ( please lets not argue over renting vs selling )......
It's RRISD. (not RISD)

They're good schools......but are you saying that McNeil (& the schools that feed it) are better than Westwood (& the schools that feed it). The stats & many who post here (including me) would suggest otherwise.

Best time to Lease (as mentioned above) would be June or July (not the Fall), BUT in this market....maybe there will still be a huge demand for rentals (that feed into good schools) in the Fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin