Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 6,965 times

Advertisements

New to the forum here but I can surely use some tips.Just got a job in Temple but planning to settle in Round rock or Georgetown area.I don't mind commuting about 1 hour each way but of course less is better.Can't decide between Georgetown or north Round rock.I visited Teravista and Paloma lake and they are both really good communities.My price range is 325-375K and looking for single family homes in a family friendly community.Any suggestions are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 04:35 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,438,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengiz View Post
New to the forum here but I can surely use some tips.Just got a job in Temple but planning to settle in Round rock or Georgetown area.I don't mind commuting about 1 hour each way but of course less is better.Can't decide between Georgetown or north Round rock.I visited Teravista and Paloma lake and they are both really good communities.My price range is 325-375K and looking for single family homes in a family friendly community.Any suggestions are welcome.
Some friends just moved into Paloma Lake in a section still under construction...decent quality, small lots, two little trees in each front yard, etc. They are renting for a year, planning to build, but not necessarily in that neighborhood. There is an incredible amount of construction along those lumpy, two-lane roads and it won't go away any time soon...something to consider, I reckon. It's also a bit of a haul to get to anything that doesn't have a house or a cow on it . You're not going to be walking to the grocery store or restaurant, that's for sure. BUT...the prices seem reasonable for the new construction...wouldn't count on any appreciation over the next decade unless there is a moratorium on building!

Teravista is adjacent to some of the worst traffic in that area; but it can be avoided(unless you are needing to get to something near the intersection of University/IH35). That can be a convenience and/or a headache...depending.

It doesn't look like much on the map; but, Teravista(depending on the actual house location) gives you easy access to IH-35, while Paloma Lake would suggest the toll road is the better route(might be anyway to avoid some of the congestion on IH-35.

It would be interesting to hear what you decide.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,965 times
Thanks for the input.I looked at some properties in Teravista and I liked the overall community but it looks like all the good spots and houses are already taken.Most of the new constructions are located on unattractive spots and overlooking somebody else's bedroom..Still have to search Paloma lake though.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:33 AM

5 posts, read 20,104 times
I would suggest looking into Wood Glen/Hidden Glen or Behren's Ranch in Round Rock. They are only one exit further south than Teravista and have very easy access to the highway. These neighborhoods tend to have more trees and larger lots than some of the other areas you mentioned. These areas go to exemplary schools and you will find tons of families living there. With your price range it is definitely worth considering. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2014, 04:33 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,020,971 times
Hutto?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:45 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,545,226 times
I'd also look at Georgetown Village which could save you some money as well as Mayfield Ranch and Sendero Springs as those are all neighborhoods that are still building new homes.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 PM

7 posts, read 14,365 times
Georgetown Village will be a good place to look. Great area. Fantastic schools (not sure if you have kids). I love Georgetown. There is also Water Oaks off of 29 W.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:29 PM

6 posts, read 13,476 times
You mentioned 2 new construction communities. Are you wanting new construction or also open to resale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin