Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 08:03 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,316,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Haha, I leave for work at 8 15 and I'm no tool. Commute by train.
The few, the proud!

If only there were more rail lines...miss my Hudson Line (and Harlem Line) something fierce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 09:37 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
The few, the proud!

If only there were more rail lines...miss my Hudson Line (and Harlem Line) something fierce.
I wish it was the few, the proud. It's very crowded until about 9:00 am in the mornings. Evening trains are packed from 4:55 on.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:01 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,316,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I wish it was the few, the proud. It's very crowded until about 9:00 am in the mornings. Evening trains are packed from 4:55 on.
Part of the return issue I imagine is that the last train out of town is 7pm-ish correct?

But enough off topic!

Coventry houses I have not heard a single thing, good bad or otherwise. So it would seem that they are neither the devil's own house builders nor the contractors of the pharaohs.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:40 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,828,191 times
The missus and I went out to look at Sweetwater a few weeks ago after hearing a radio commercial that was so jarringly bad we just had to go look. So, I guess successful at getting people in. We're not even in the market, but my inlaws live out in Rough Hollow so it was on the way.

I found the area to be fairly overpriced. Some nice homes but some of the higher end ones were north of $600 and $700k. It ain't 90 minutes out, but it's still not really close to anything other than the Galleria. I had a hard time seeing the value proposition in super high-end home in Sweetwater versus, say, an only slightly less super high-end home on one of the StanPac lots in Avana in Circle C - though I guess I might prefer LTISD to AISD if I had kids.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:11 PM

26 posts, read 47,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babysid8910 View Post
Hello All

We recently have signed a contract to build a new home with Coventry Homes in Sweet Water. Do any of you guys own a coventry home and have a personal experience in dealing with them. Are they good in general or did any one of you have any prior bad experiences dealing with them.

TIA
Jay

We live in Sweetwater and own a Coventry home. Moved in about 6 months back.
Very Happy with the construction quality, upgrades, floorplans, customer service etc etc.

Having said that we did have a few issues related to time to build and later realized that every builder in Sweetwater had one issue or the other. So not specific to Coventry alone.

You can PM me if you have further questions.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:17 PM

737 posts, read 1,582,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine View Post
The missus and I went out to look at Sweetwater a few weeks ago after hearing a radio commercial that was so jarringly bad we just had to go look. So, I guess successful at getting people in. We're not even in the market, but my inlaws live out in Rough Hollow so it was on the way.

I found the area to be fairly overpriced. Some nice homes but some of the higher end ones were north of $600 and $700k. It ain't 90 minutes out, but it's still not really close to anything other than the Galleria. I had a hard time seeing the value proposition in super high-end home in Sweetwater versus, say, an only slightly less super high-end home on one of the StanPac lots in Avana in Circle C - though I guess I might prefer LTISD to AISD if I had kids.

Yes, expensive, but so are the other nice parts of Austin. Circle C is flat and rather unattractive in certain neighborhoods.
HILL COUNTRY prettiness- enough said.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:45 PM

155 posts, read 211,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janejanejanejanejane View Post
Yes, expensive, but so are the other nice parts of Austin. Circle C is flat and rather unattractive in certain neighborhoods.
HILL COUNTRY prettiness- enough said.
True, but Circle C is also a 15 minute drive from downtown and the airport. That explains the expense.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:57 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine View Post

You're paying for the views and the dark skies out here so the price corresponds to that. You aren't getting views in Circle C, and you're also getting a great school district in LTISD rather than just a set of schools feeding to Bowie that do well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin