Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 02:26 AM

3 posts, read 3,970 times

Advertisements

I am strongly considering buying a new construction home in Bradshaw Crossing. For those of you who live there or know of it would you recommend it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 06:12 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,531,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luma123 View Post
I am strongly considering buying a new construction home in Bradshaw Crossing. For those of you who live there or know of it would you recommend it?
I would recommend buying an existing home in Bradshaw instead of new. New construction starts at 230K there, but the existing homes can be picked up for close to 200K. That neighborhood is selling like hot cakes - 5 out of the 6 homes listed are under contract - same exact story at Crossing at Onion Creek. Parkside at Slaughter use to be cheap, but the homes in Parkside have jumped substantially this year. Earlier this year you could get a house for around 200K in Parkside, now the range is 254K to 302K. My Advice is to look for resale in Crossing/Bradshaw and don't rush yourself. Get the inspection done, and perform all the due diligence you would do on any house.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:37 PM

3 posts, read 3,970 times
Thank you for the tip. One of my concerns about Bradshaw Crossing is how the schools would affect resale. I don't currently have any children so for me it doesn't matter, but from what I understand they are not considered "choice" schools. Are most families in the area sending their kids to private/Christian school?

Old 01-16-2017, 01:36 PM

3 posts, read 2,018 times
I wish, I would have seen your questions and few years back...main concern in the Bradshaw community..many of us neighbors..are dealing with foundation issues...obviously..the builder calls them.."cosmetic problems"..typical structural problems..doors/windows not closing properly, cracks on walls (inside and outside) and floors,..you can Google and find more than one person having same issue..or stop by and ask several residents there..also..is hard to get builder to fix the "cosmetic problems" and will not stand by there work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin