Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 11:05 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,215,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Anderson Mill is loaded with lights. I don't know where they could possibly add more.
The part with NO lights between Spicewood Parkway and 620 -- where there have been fatalies due to speed and the turns. And then there's the 3 cars that crossed the median and hit the sound wall (and ended up in someone's backyard) three times in a 5 week span over the past two months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 11:27 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,430 times
Oh yeah, I have seen that wall down many times. I figured it was folks fresh out of the bars. You would have to be doing well over 60 to lose it there. Or a real bad driver. Maybe both.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:28 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
True, but that stretch between 183 & 620 (actually Pecan Creek Pkwy & 183) has NO median, NO left turn lanes, NO right turn lanes & they've shoe horned a freaking bike lane into an already skinny 4 lane road which is a major connecting road.

Add to that there's 3 elementary schools with mommies running up & down it....along with a MS AND a HS (with HS students) trying to cross a 45 MPH road (which means many are going 50) with no freaking turn lane or median.

I'm thinking that since it acts as the Wilco/Travco line on much of it, maybe the two counties are waiting for the other to blink first to make the improvements that were needed 10 years ago. They'll probably do something after a pretty HS Junior is killed in a RAV trying to turn into a turning lane that doesn't exist...or a mommy & two of her elementary kids are killed when the Honda minivan she's driving clips a Dump truck (both going the speed limit) & flips on the too skinny lanes that they currently have to drive on.
I always cringe when I see kids waiting to cross there.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:13 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,215,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Oh yeah, I have seen that wall down many times. I figured it was folks fresh out of the bars. You would have to be doing well over 60 to lose it there. Or a real bad driver. Maybe both.
One was drunk (2nd offense). One was pushed into oncoming traffic by the car behind them who wasn't paying attention. One lost control (he said). All were of course, going much too fast. All within a 5 week period.

Those don't account for the rain-related accidents, one a fatality. I'm so tired of seeing it and dealing with it more and more.... and having to explain it to my kids.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:58 PM

320 posts, read 486,943 times
Another bad spot right near there is the middle lane on 620 between HEB Shopping center and Sonic/shopping center. People come flying down that middle lane, way too far ahead of the turn, to turn left on Anderson Mill and then people trying to get in/out of either shopping center crash into them. Or people from both sides of the road try to use that middle lane to get into traffic and smash into each other. Or rear enders. Happens daily. They need to clearly separate the turn lane and restrict or mark where people can access that middle lane and from which side. Who designed the roads around here? It's a free for all. Part of it is driver carelessness and the "me first" mentality, but something has to be done to protect people.

The new shopping center in Cedar Park with Sprouts is another genius design. It's impossible to get out of there in two directions.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:30 PM

366 posts, read 432,932 times
I live in the subdivision near Meadowheath, and if you want to go get gas or anything else at the 7 11, you have to drive through a very busy shopping center to reach it, because of that freaking median on Lake Creek Parkway. That shopping center is already congested due to the many popular chain restaurants as well as a movie theater, so driving through it, is basically, like driving on a freeway

Old 10-09-2014, 12:26 PM

440 posts, read 1,682,227 times
Every time I've driven 620 from Lakeline to FM 2222, people aren't anywhere near the speed limit. I witness weaving in and out to get around the people driving 10-15 UNDER the posted limit. That to me causes a lot of issues. Glad they're cracking down, but I hope it's for speeder and the slow ones. Both cause traffic problems.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:07 PM

320 posts, read 486,943 times
It's prob people who live around there are realize that the posted speed limit is too high for the conditions. Thankfully some people have common sense and don't just go as fast as the sign says they can.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:25 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Every time I've driven 620 from Lakeline to FM 2222, people aren't anywhere near the speed limit. I witness weaving in and out to get around the people driving 10-15 UNDER the posted limit. That to me causes a lot of issues. Glad they're cracking down, but I hope it's for speeder and the slow ones. Both cause traffic problems.
Some of those folks hang out on Parmer Lane also; BUT, I'm near certain that no citation could be issued strictly for going 10mph under the limit on 620(or Parmer for that matter). Not everyone is blasting through the area...they may actually be planning a turn into one of those pesky businesses that line the highway . Others are stuck on 42mph as their default speed. 42 on 620 and Parmer, 42 on the intersecting streets, 42 right through the neighborhood and into the driveway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin