U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 11,399 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard about the new subdivision named Enchanted Forest that has been opened up by Mercedes Homes? How does this area look in terms of investing in a new home? I noticed that the homes around the newly opened lots is relatively 15-20 years older. Also there is a railway track right next to the area. I know this is in Austin ISD and I have heard some decent things about Summit elementary school there. How do these factors come into play? How are Mercedes home in general, any experiences? Is anyone else looking to buy there? I do like the fact that the location is very close to Domain and MoPac.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 AM

2,180 posts, read 5,791,897 times
We were waiting for this community. However, we went ahead and built in SW Austin in Meridian. The homes in Enchanted Forest are going to be nice but the surrounding homes aren't that great. I don't think the surrounding area has an HOA so I would expect to see less than desirable things parked outside the older homes. It is a great location but I thought the prices were a little high. To get a 4 bedroom, it's over 300K. The included features are average, nothing spectacular. There is a community right off of Parmer and Mopac that is similar to the one they are building there. Also, the lots are small, only 50'. There are some bigger lots but there are hefty premiums 3K-15K per lot. I think North Austin is overcrowded and becoming more so. It's just not that great of an area for the prices. I checked out Summitt elementary and didn't like what I saw. The schools in SW Austin are impressive that is why we chose there plus it's less crowded and much more scenic. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Also, there won't be a community pool or any of the amenties, lake, playscape, etc that we are getting in Meridian. Plus Meridian is about 275K-700K and will eventually have million dollar homes. A great investment!

Old 03-13-2008, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 11,399 times
Has anyone signed up for this community?

Old 03-13-2008, 03:54 PM

I got an email a while back, they are offering 30K in free upgrades. It's a pretty good deal. I still, however don't like the location. Some of those older homes have trailers parked outside. I don't know much about Summit, but I think that it can't compare to schools in SW Austin.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:47 PM

20,790 posts, read 39,693,537 times
Trailers as in RV's, or trailers as in mobile homes, or trailers as in horse trailers?

Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM

RV's. That's a sign of no HOA!

Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 PM

20,790 posts, read 39,693,537 times
Ah, I see. Yeah, it is (never mind that I've known of RVs that cost as much as a small home). I thought you were talking about trailer trash and mobile homes, from the tone.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,346 times
I think the Enchanted Forest community is going to be great! It is in a great location. Although, the homes around the community are older I still love the area. I am an Austin native so I appreciate the character of the surrounding neighborhoods! The features/upgrades in the homes in Enchanted Forest are nice. The Enchanted Forest community is an extremely rare find in that area.

I also like the elementary school; the children go to Summit Elementary which is rated as a recognized school. Although, Enchanted Forest does not have a community pool there is a public pool right down the street. Great community!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:34 PM
shk

2 posts, read 6,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anand146 View Post
Has anyone heard about the new subdivision named Enchanted Forest that has been opened up by Mercedes Homes? How does this area look in terms of investing in a new home? I noticed that the homes around the newly opened lots is relatively 15-20 years older. Also there is a railway track right next to the area. I know this is in Austin ISD and I have heard some decent things about Summit elementary school there. How do these factors come into play? How are Mercedes home in general, any experiences? Is anyone else looking to buy there? I do like the fact that the location is very close to Domain and MoPac.
Hello,
Did you eventually purchase home in the neighborhood at Enchanted Forest ? We like the area but RR track is the only obstacle. Can't make up our minds yet.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 AM

8,472 posts, read 14,465,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shk View Post
Hello,
Did you eventually purchase home in the neighborhood at Enchanted Forest ? We like the area but RR track is the only obstacle. Can't make up our minds yet.
I would be nice to hear from the early posters on this thread just to see how things turned out. I agree that the areas on either side of the Mo, up and down Parmer, for example, have some interesting new development along with some sketchy areas. We looked briefly in early '08 but the road construction at the interchange along with the 'rundown' sections really made the area look less desirable to us. I can certainly see how the location would be of benefit to some commuters and those wishing to be a little closer in.

Good luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin