Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 PM

6 posts, read 40,085 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with the Hill Country OB/GYN medical group? My husband and I will be relocating to Austin during my 6 month of pregnancy (1st) and am now tasked with trying to find a replacement doctor. I'm leaving behind one increidble practicioner who was just given the honors of "Top Physician" (out of over 800 doctors) in the practicing womens hospital in Orange County, CA.

We will be living out on the Southwest Side, near Drippnig Springs... and was hoping to find a doctor associated with Seton South. I have seen the Hill Country doctors practicing out of this facility, but haven't found too much as far as recommendations. Just found one and it wasn't so positive, but I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt if it's just one comment/review that has been made.

The doctors there are:
Ana Eduardo
Margaret Landwermeyer
Naveen Reddy
Lisa Schneider

Also, I certainly welcome any other recommendations that anyone may have.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 9,499 times
Default The best in Austin

My wife uses Edwardo, but lanwermyer is the best.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 9,498 times
Default Hill Country OB/GYN

MKCRNIC,

I have been using Dr. Schneider at Hill Country OB/GYN since becoming pregnant with my son in January 2005. I cannot say enough good things about her! Her bedside manner is fabulous and I feel like I can talk to her about any issue I'm having. She delivered my son in September '05 and is now seeing me through my second pregnancy.

I have seen Dr. Landwermeyer once during my first pregnancy when Dr. Schneider was out and I've seen Dr. Reddy twice. While Dr. Landwermeyer seems very knowledgeable, I didn't find her as friendly as Dr. Schneider. Dr. Reddy seems very nice though the two times I've seen her.

The office staff is very friendly and professional as well. I've never had any billing issues with them. They also have a lab tech in the office so you don't have to go elsewhere to get bloodwork done. They're affiliated with both Seton South (an excellent place to deliver, by the way!) and South Austin Hospital.

Hope that helps and good luck with your pregnancy!
Cara

Old 01-02-2007, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 9,494 times
Default I might be a little late but...

I had a horrible time with Hill Country OBGYN. Everything started out great. I went to Dr Shneider who was very nice, but when I started having problems she treated me like I was overreacting. I also had gallstones, although I didn't know that at the time. Two of the docors there insisted that I was fine and was having "normal pregnancy pains". I ended up in Brachenridge on Hospital bedrest for 9 days before my baby was born (premature) and the nurse did return one of my many phone calls, but I never heard from one Doctor at HC OBGYN. Luckily there were great Doctors at Brach. It was extremely frightening though and I really wanted to hear from "my" doctor. I think that this doctors office is probably fine if you don't have any sort of complications. I would certainly not recomend them.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 9,292 times
After my first baby was stillborn, I switched doctors from someone downtown to Dr. Eduardo. I am currently pregnant again and the entire staff has been nothing but kind and helpful. They are very understanding when I am paranoid and have always been willing to let me come in to hear the baby's heartbeat, and to call the lab to try and get test results early for me. Dr. Eduardo also helped me investigate what might have happened to my first baby after my first doctor botched the autopsy. I have nothing but good things to say about everyone in that office.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:54 PM

3 posts, read 22,927 times
Has anyone heard of Dr. Martha Schmitz? I believe she is based out of Seton SW, but is not affiliated with Hill Country OB/GYN. My husband and I just moved to Drippin a couple of months ago and we're looking to start a family, but I want to find a reputable doctor first. Any more comments on the above doctors, or Dr. Schmitz is welcomed!

Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 AM

3 posts, read 14,700 times
Dr. Eduardo is awesome. She delivered my baby in 2005. I also switched to her late in my pregnancy.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 8,933 times
I've used Martha for years & she delivered my child 8 yrs ago. I love her!

Old 05-31-2007, 12:03 PM

289 posts, read 1,138,545 times
I have Lisa Schneider and she's been excellent so far. I've only seen her for standard things - no pregnancies and I've only been in town a couple years. They seem concerned and the nurse calls me back promptly if I have questions.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:02 PM

12 posts, read 56,993 times
HI there... just had to say I posted back in January regarding Hill Country Ob/Gyn, and thought you might want to read not only my post but others opinions as well:
//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...stin-area.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: