Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 03:08 PM

6 posts, read 10,609 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We just moved to Austin. And we are thinking of buying a home even though we are renting right now. We have 2 kids going to elementary school. Even though we have been here for few days we have not been able to look around so much yet. Please suggest neighborhoods which are diverse. We are foreigners, so diversity is necessary I think. I have heard Round rock school district is good for schools, but I am not sure which schools are good.

We do not have friends around to ask for suggestions. Your advise will be great help.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 03:45 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
What's your approximate budget (or targeted payment) ?

Where is your spouse (& your) work locations (give nearby cross streets) ?

What area do you live now?

RRISD has fantastic schools (& school feeders), good schools & average schools (& school feeders). Answer the above questions & you'll get a lot of opinions. How do you like greater Austin so far?

Good luck!

Old 12-03-2014, 05:07 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,056,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingH View Post
Hi All,

We just moved to Austin. And we are thinking of buying a home even though we are renting right now. We have 2 kids going to elementary school. Even though we have been here for few days we have not been able to look around so much yet. Please suggest neighborhoods which are diverse. We are foreigners, so diversity is necessary I think. I have heard Round rock school district is good for schools, but I am not sure which schools are good.

We do not have friends around to ask for suggestions. Your advise will be great help.

Thanks a lot!
Did you sign a lease and are three days into the lease and now want to buy? Or are your "renting" at an extended stay hotel or a short term lease of some kind?

If you signed a standard lease, you should read it to see what your lease term states and what it says about early termination.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:48 PM

6 posts, read 10,609 times
We have short term lease.

Our work is in Wall St.

We are looking for diverse community with good school with investment between 300 to 450,000.

Thanks!

Old 12-05-2014, 07:38 AM

675 posts, read 1,905,219 times
Quote:
We have short term lease.

Our work is in Wall St.

We are looking for diverse community with good school with investment between 300 to 450,000.

Thanks!
I would look at Circle C, Western Oaks, Villages of Western Oaks, Meridian, and Travis Country.. all in southwest Austin. For that budget you should be able to afford a nice home. Travis Country would be the most difficult within that budget, although I'm sure it could be done.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:44 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,128,422 times
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks a lot!
the entire round rock school district is not good. Mainly the parts that feed into westwood high school. Those parts are actually in austin.

what price range, square footage and age are you looking for? Where are your jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin