Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 11:04 AM

59 posts, read 66,535 times

Advertisements

Hello once again fine folks. I believe I had read another thread regarding what the best location(s) are for purchasing bedroom and living room furniture locally to Austin but cant seem to find it....so I decided to ask here again.

What I am looking for:

-Bedroom set (King Size bed, headboard, dresser)--> Under $1,300
-Sectional or Couch(es)--> Under $1,300
-King Size Mattress--> Under $700

Just googling around I saw that Rooms-To-Go had bad business reviews but did have some pretty nice looking products. Any personal experience or any advice as to where I should look would be great. I am also checking out a bunch of places online in the meantime but I like being able to see and feel the actual product. I do not mind driving to the neighboring areas of Austin if need be but nothing more than like 25 miles away from city center.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 12:04 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,306,044 times
Ikea?

Old 02-25-2015, 12:15 PM

2,268 posts, read 7,310,170 times
Try Simply Austin Furniture. They have a small warehouse on S. Congress but will work with you to order whatever you are looking for.

Simply Austin Furniture - Simply Austin

Old 02-25-2015, 12:27 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,816,792 times
We had a good experience at Haverty's on William Cannon. I think your price range should be fine there (though it's been a little while).

Old 02-25-2015, 12:36 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,073,275 times
For the wood part of the furniture you need, the bedroom furniture, you might try Furniture in the Raw. I bought several things there when we moved to Austin. The furniture there is good quality, solid wood. You can have it finished for you in whatever color/wood finish you pick. Because I was buying more than one piece, they actually knocked the price down when I asked. We bought a bedroom set at a similar store years ago (when we lived in CA) and I am glad we did. The solid wood furniture will literally last your lifetime.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:22 PM

Thank you all so much. I did consider Ikea as that is what I have now and may still go with them for the bedroom set. I am not a huge fan of their sectionals/sofas for the price from personal experience. I paid about $1,100 for my first set from Ikea and then went to a local place years after and bought a nice similar setup with better quality for $1,300.

@Austin Traveler, Aquitaine (I owe you from the last thread as well ), and Grasshopper....will check all of those places out online before I arrive next week for my lease signing. MUCH MUCH appreciated to all.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:27 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,895,935 times
Beware of Rooms-to-Go they allow absolutely no returns. They also took my digital signature that I thought was only for the credit care authorization and applied it to several pages of contract paperwork that had never been presented to me for preview or approval. It wasn't until I got that contract paperwork that I realized they had a no return policy.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:51 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,205,125 times
So I purchased a king mattress coil pocket spring, foundation, black wood bed with storage, and a dresser for $1100 delivered to my door from Ikea.

The bad part, is building the stuff.

Doing the dresser took me about 3 hours.

Building the bed and headboard maybe 90 minutes.

I hate building furniture but the prices are decent.

My sofa is a brown fabric one from a local place on 183 in Cedar Park. That was about 450 delivered. Ok quality, not the best.

My recliner is from Lazy boy in Round Rock, they had a 50 percent off sale, it was 450 dollars as well.

I have heard that the quality of the stuff from Rooms to go is not great.

Ikea is not great either, but seems to be better made than the stuff from rooms to go.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:19 PM

^^Thank you both for the feedback. I have no problem putting stuff together, I actually enjoy it. I really cant speak badly about my experience with Ikea beds as mine has withstood 4 years without one single issue. In my personal experience I really didnt like the quality of their sectionals for the price as I have experienced better quality sectionals/sofas for roughly the same price.

I am a bit weary of Rooms-To-Go due to the negative feedback when researching and now ^^personal experience from you fine folks. So R2G are off my list. I am for sure checking out simply Austin when I am down there next week. Seems to be nice looking stuff for super reasonable pricing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin