Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:31 PM

615 posts, read 780,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Don't move here
You do realize you are on a RELOCATION forum? Maybe you need to find something more productive to do with your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 09:38 PM

7 posts, read 10,190 times
Thanks folks!

Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
It's not so alien here to Facebook friend someone from the forums. However, you have to have some time under your belt I guess. I have a Facebook friend that was a poster here too.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:04 PM

95 posts, read 337,515 times
Check out the Austin Yelp talk threads (after searching for topics already there) and the lists made by people - you might find some folks to "friend" there. Also, start reading the weekly Austin Chronicle to get a sense of events, groups and activities before you arrive, and there's also MeetUp for lots of different interests around town. Good luck!

Old 05-04-2015, 01:24 AM

81 posts, read 81,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Don't move here
Haters gonna hate...

If you wanna move here to Austin then come, bro. I am from Denver so I know what's it like having a bunch of transplants. But, if you think you'll like Austin, then jump in with both feet, bro (figuratively)

Old 05-04-2015, 01:26 AM

81 posts, read 81,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro View Post
You do realize you are on a RELOCATION forum? Maybe you need to find something more productive to do with your time.
Preach it

Old 05-19-2015, 01:24 AM

14 posts, read 22,284 times
Hi Aeniwea! My hubby and I moved here from Salem MA last August (2014) had we found a whole bunch of awesome things to do. If you're into D&D, Comics and everything in between, you'd love this place called Dragon's Lair. Dragon's Lair also has a bunch of games that you could try out and play for free. Emerald Tavern is a similar place - it is smaller but it has a café. No comics though, just games. These are great places to meet people.

Roller Derby and skating in general is pretty big here. My favorite place to skate is to Playland Center. Good tunes, great people and just a whole lot of fun.

I'm not huge into biking but my neighbor is and there are tons of places to take your bike out. A simple google search will yield plenty of results.

I haven't seen much in the paranormal department but I'm from on of the most hunted places in the world.

Some quick hot stuff that you should check out: Zilker Park natural springs for swimming; Austin Panic Room - where they lock you up in a room for an hour and you have to figure out how to get out; 12th street graffiti park - don't forget your spray paint; The Alamo Draft House.... If you love movies, this is the way to see them!

Hey, a heads up on something, yes, Austin is awesome but the word is OUT. This city is getting CROWDED. During the summer, it's not uncommon to wait 2-3 hours to get INTO Zilker Park. Concert tickets sell out super fast and, yes, there are lines everywhere. Even to get to outdoor hiking places like Enchanted Rock, an hour away from Austin, has a line policy. They'll turn you away when the parking lot is full. And it gets full often.

I hope this helps my friend. Welcome to Austin

Bluedreamer19 PS sorry for any/all spelling and grammar errors....it's 2:30am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin