Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 07:50 PM

979 posts, read 2,955,769 times

Advertisements

I think Springs at Walnut Creek is mostly built out. There is a brand new community further up the road by Scott Felder which has just begun building out. They cut it into an area that seemed like a greenbelt, so there are a lot more trees around than the David Weekly community.

The Enclave of the Springs, Austin TX | Homes for Sale | Scott Felder Homes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 08:10 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,955,930 times
We have friends who have lived in Westview Canyon (on the other side of Yager) for five years or so. They've generally been pretty happy, although they have been broken into once and are concerned about the growing traffic on two lane Yager. I can't speak anything of the schools because they are childless and intend to stay that way.

The thing that would concern me about purchasing there -- if indeed it is the Enclave of the Springs -- is the price. I think those prices are incredibly high for the area and you can find a better value in an area that's a better bet at appreciating or retaining its value.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:26 PM

912 posts, read 1,286,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoady926 View Post
Can you expand more about why they moved? Didn't feel safe?
Yes, they weren't in that exact neighborhood but there were some incidents near them where they felt like it was time to move. The other family is in a different neighborhood and has been very happy with no issues. I would definitely research the crime stats for that area to see if they match up with whatever your standards are - I don't know either way, only know what I've heard from friends.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:30 PM

23 posts, read 34,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Op, are you talking about the Springs at Walnut Creek?

By the way, the house that's been on the market for 243 days at $386,000? Spec homes by builders are frequently put on the MLS before they are built or as they are being built, and very often have very long days on market for that reason. And this appears to be a David Weekly spec home in the subdivision above.

Yes - I was talking about that neighborhood as well as Enclave of the Springs, the Scott Felder homes. Both are beautiful neighborhoods that'd be love to be in, however we are weary to do so.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:43 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Yes - I was talking about that neighborhood as well as Enclave of the Springs, the Scott Felder homes. Both are beautiful neighborhoods that'd be love to be in, however we are weary to do so.
I reckon being leery and wary could make one weary

Those prices just seem very high to me, especially with virtually no yard...especially those with a one-car garage. What's the HOA fee situation? Will you have landscape service included at a cost? Do the neighborhoods you are considering have any amenities that would be important to you? Is the location incredibly convenient? Will you have construction next door for a year or more?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:47 PM

Geez...clapboard siding but no metal roof? Dang!

That Scott Felder Enclave mentions a creek running through the property
Might be worth a drive-by to take a look

Old 05-12-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.adams33 View Post
There's a ton of people just like you making the same decisions right now. You'll be fine.

To be honest, that area is one of the last "ungentrefied" spots left.
Is it gentrification when the new homes are going on raw land?...rather than replacing existing homes that may not be 'up to snuff'.?

Old 05-12-2015, 10:52 PM

979 posts, read 2,955,769 times
Quote:
I think they are nice looking homes in both neighborhoods. As I said earlier, the Scott Felder spot seems more appealing due to the tract of land being park-like and a bit hilly. The David Weekly neighborhood is much closer to I-35 and borders a very large apartment complex.

I lived in the area previously for several years without any issues, but I'd be careful not to overpay there. Perhaps you can get a builder closeout deal if they are left with any inventory. Not sure those kind of deals happen these days, but you never know.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:09 PM

198 posts, read 318,619 times
Quote:
What's your price range and size you are looking for?

Old 05-13-2015, 01:36 PM

668 posts, read 784,009 times
Aren't all of those neighborhoods feeding into Pflugerville schools? I don't know why you'd pay those prices for PISD unless there was something else pressing about the location that interested you. OP, you say you're having planning on having a baby in a couple of years--for that price range I'd look into other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin