Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 11:29 AM

21 posts, read 43,282 times

Advertisements

Do any of you know about the subdivision High Meadows in Cedar Park? We are looking at a house for rent in that neighborhood.

It is a great price compared to other rentals, which makes me wonder a little, but we love what we have seen of the house online! We are not able to check it out in person quite yet as we live in another city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 12:38 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
The neighborhood is a little scruffy by 'subdivision' standards...some dirt front yards, looks like permanent trailer parking/boat parking in some...just not what most folks think of when they think north suburbs(especially those with HOAs). Doesn't mean anything is wrong; but the only house I found for sale was under $200K...pretty unusual in these parts. Homes are +-20 years old and some are showing their age while others are pretty well maintained. If you don't mind folks parking across the sidewalk and that sort of thing, it might be a good value--provided the location is suitable to your commute, etc.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:58 PM

21 posts, read 43,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
The neighborhood is a little scruffy by 'subdivision' standards...some dirt front yards, looks like permanent trailer parking/boat parking in some...just not what most folks think of when they think north suburbs(especially those with HOAs). Doesn't mean anything is wrong; but the only house I found for sale was under $200K...pretty unusual in these parts. Homes are +-20 years old and some are showing their age while others are pretty well maintained. If you don't mind folks parking across the sidewalk and that sort of thing, it might be a good value--provided the location is suitable to your commute, etc.
Thanks, 10scoachrick. That's what I was concerned about. We have not seen a home like this for rent at this price yet, and it got me very excited but I figured there was a catch.

The house is still definitely what we are looking for. We can sacrifice a little curb appeal if the neighbors are friendly, nice, respectful, family-oriented, etc. I will be staying at home with my toddler and would like to be able to make friends, play in the cul-de-sac, etc. Who would you say are the majority of folks that live there? It seems pretty far out in the suburbs to be college kids.

Do you know if there is a neighborhood playground and/or pool?

Thank you!

Old 06-10-2015, 05:08 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Sorry, no idea about the folks there. I don't believe there are any sort of neighborhood amenities. Leander HS might give you access to tennis courts and a running track. Cedar Park Rec Center has child care if you are looking for your own workout; but it's not a park per se. Brushy Creek Lake Park has a splash pad, picnic areas, etc; but it's a bit of a drive. You are right on the edge of Leander and might need to investigate Leander parks as well as Cedar Park. Cedar Park has PARKS !!!, just not all that close to your proposed hood. Veterans' Memorial Pool and Dog Park would be a short drive away, just not within walking distance.
http://www.wilco.org/Portals/0/MapSide3.pdf
Cedar Park Fun | Cedar Park Texas Parks - Cedar Park, Texas
Any geographical reason for you to be drawn to that area...hubby's commute? It's near some main roads; but the traffic on New Hope and 183 is darned heavy, especially during commute times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin