Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,329 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am really interested in moving to Santa Rita Ranch and building with Westin builders in the south SRR. I just was wanting to see if anyone currently lives in north or south SRR and what their experiences have been thus far. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 08:46 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
We toured the model homes there several weeks ago. Very nice but:

1 - If they're touting the "ranch experience/life", why cram the houses together on small lots just like any other 'burb?
2 - From what I could discover, those homes on the east side of RR Blvd. are on septic systems.
3 - Located several miles from shopping, if that matters.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:37 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,544,472 times
That's a WHOLE bunch of houses going in out there!!! 'Ranch' after 'ranch' after 'ranch'...not sure what will set any apart from the others. It's a lovely drive out Ronald Reagan at sunset; but it's a haul from 'anything' without the perks of being in the 'country'. Do check carefully on the utilities...a septic system or propane delivery would add a whole new dimension to 'ranch' living.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:26 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,387,627 times
Truthfully, we've had less trouble in the last 19 years (as of tomorrow!) with our septic system than we had in town five minutes from downtown with our "city" septic - and I suspect ours was installed in about 1970. So don't let that scare you. Community propane is a whole 'nother animal - we're on propane out here on the ranch (which bears no resemblance to Santa Rita, nor does any other ranch that I'm familiar with) but it's our own tank and we shop around for suppliers based on price and reliability.

The closest shopping, though, would be, as said, straight up Ronald Reagan to 1431, or head east on 29 to Wolf Ranch in Georgetown (there's an HEB right there). It's about 9-1/2 miles from Santa Rita to Wolf Ranch - 10 minute drive, I did it just the other day when showing a house in Santa Rita to a client. It's pretty much exactly the same distance and time to Whitestone Market shopping center that has an HEB at 1431 and Ronald Reagan.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
We toured the model homes there several weeks ago. Very nice but:

1 - If they're touting the "ranch experience/life", why cram the houses together on small lots just like any other 'burb?
2 - From what I could discover, those homes on the east side of RR Blvd. are on septic systems.
3 - Located several miles from shopping, if that matters.
Don't you need minimum 1/2 acre to accommodate septic ?

I've been on septic since 1999. Been on propane (with my own tank) and now even have a well for my water.
And this from someone who grew up in NYC.

It's no big deal. You actually learn to conserve water better due to having a septic.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:38 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,387,627 times
In looking at the listings on the MLS, everything in Santa Rita that's currently for sale, be it in GTW (Georgetown West) or LH (Liberty Hill), are noted that septic is a MUD. So unlikely that it's a septic system for any of the houses in that subdivision. Now, a lot of the houses in Georgetown ARE on septic systems, and it's no big deal.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:02 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
We've been on septic before in northeast Austin (Four Seasons) and had problems when it rained a lot, but it was a system installed in 1971. Our lot was 1/4 of an acre. The lots in Balcones Village on 183 North were all under an acre, and they were on septic tanks until the City annexed the neighborhood.

I don't have any idea what kind of septic system (community MUD or individual) they have in Santa Rita, just that it isn't on the Georgetown sewage system.

My brother lives in Woodland Park next to Sun City - he has an acre lot with a septic system and his own propane tank. He tells me his septic tank has a telephone number & warning system. Some kind of recent state code thing.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:46 PM

3 posts, read 3,098 times
Default Not for us

We went out to check out Santa Rita Ranch this weekend. The previous poster was correct. In most of the sub-divisions/villages the houses are stacked one on top of each other. But what really turned us off was the HOA restrictions. In the Terra Del Sol area they are requiring wrought iron fencing and half acre lots are premium priced at 93K-120K above contract home base price. The pools were nice but only three feet deep. I just wonder how much water and natural resources are wasted in this country each year trying to keep the grass green and weed free due to HOA requirements. They allow 4 dogs and we have 5. Three of my dogs weigh in at a total of 9 pounds. So I guess size does not matter. The only plus was that all water, gas and sewer are provided by city or MUD. No septic or propane needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin