Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 03:16 PM

123 posts, read 230,592 times

Advertisements

Hello

I am a COTA currently living near Orlando FL. I am looking at the possibility of relocating to Austin. I have a couple contacts in the area encouraging me to take the plunge. COTA jobs in central Florida have become scarce due to the yearly influx of new graduates from the recent addition of a few new COTA programs at nearby colleges. What is the job climate for therapists, including availability and pay. I will be in town early October and would like to get some leads.

Thanks Ray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 05:21 PM

9,843 posts, read 13,585,668 times
Not sure exactly what the market looks like, but beware that Austin has lots of grads with ut and other campuses local to the metro area. However, it only took me two months to locate employment when ut has a masters program in the field.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:50 AM

389 posts, read 419,671 times
I think Austin only has one OT program, and I'm not sure if it's for COTAs, so you wouldn't have to worry about an influx of grads from UT. I think the one program is at a local private college.

What setting are you looking for? That will make a difference. Private clinic might be more of a challenge, because I'm not sure how many use COTAs here. The ones I've looked at have OT's on staff, but not COTAs. (I'm an SLP) Have you checked out Indeed just to get an idea of what's out there?

Old 09-21-2015, 06:40 PM

389 posts, read 419,671 times
I just saw this... https://www.cognitoforms.com/Nationa...rapyCareerFair

I know you probably will not be in Austin then, but maybe they will have another one.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:05 PM

123 posts, read 230,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spchtx View Post
I think Austin only has one OT program, and I'm not sure if it's for COTAs, so you wouldn't have to worry about an influx of grads from UT. I think the one program is at a local private college.

What setting are you looking for? That will make a difference. Private clinic might be more of a challenge, because I'm not sure how many use COTAs here. The ones I've looked at have OT's on staff, but not COTAs. (I'm an SLP) Have you checked out Indeed just to get an idea of what's out there?
Thanks I am on Indeed and have a lead on a job in the area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: