Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:25 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,315,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Austin View Post
Assuming and ascribing an incorrect motivation is insulting (that goes for Eastcoasting's comment as well).

I am retired and do real estate because I enjoy it, not because I need to make a living doing it. Every single bill I have is covered by passive income that is not real estate related.

1. West Austin is much more relaxed than Austin proper. That's my experience and belief...not hype.

2. Growing. It's a fact. It's not growing as fast as some parts of Austin but West Austin is growing.

3. I'm in the process of building another home in the area. I'm not fleeing. The same things that attracted me and my family to the area are what attracts many others as well.

I counsel clients on the pluses and minuses of each area without regard to financial compensation. For some clients, that may be counseling them to delay a purchase or to purchase well below their means given their particular situation. For others it may be the negatives of living off Hamilton Pool Road (for example). For others it may be the fact that views are not protected unless you own the land within the view -- period. If anything, I over-disclose to ensure clients make well informed decisions.
Doth Protest 2much

I kid, but I do have an uncomfortable relationship with your retirement job as I have benefitted greatly in that arena yet I feel that it is not regulated enough proportionally to the power and influence that it wields both above and below board in the USA.

Ascribing, nicely used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 06:56 PM

171 posts, read 229,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
Doth Protest 2much

I kid, but I do have an uncomfortable relationship with your retirement job as I have benefitted greatly in that arena yet I feel that it is not regulated enough proportionally to the power and influence that it wields both above and below board in the USA.

Ascribing, nicely used.
I take my fiduciary responsibility very seriously and don't enjoy being painted by a very broad brush.

I do agree that the industry could be better regulated. The barriers to entry are too few.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:02 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,315,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Austin View Post
I take my fiduciary responsibility very seriously and don't enjoy being painted by a very broad brush.

I do agree that the industry could be better regulated. The barriers to entry are too few.
We are in complete agreement and I offer apologies to any offense that I have made.

Have a good evening.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 PM

171 posts, read 229,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
We are in complete agreement and I offer apologies to any offense that I have made.

Have a good evening.
Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to offer an apology.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:31 PM

997 posts, read 1,312,199 times
Hot

Rainless

UT

Old 10-16-2015, 06:20 AM

5,866 posts, read 11,922,834 times
Drought or flooding

Old 10-16-2015, 09:55 AM

160 posts, read 187,768 times
Well this thread is only a tad bit better than the Houston one! At least there are a few positives here!

Old 10-16-2015, 09:56 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Best.halloween.ever.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:03 AM

2,116 posts, read 3,048,806 times
Default Reality strikes a wicked blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingutah View Post
Well this thread is only a tad bit better than the Houston one! At least there are a few positives here!
There are so many positives to the Austin area that it it very difficult to articulate them in succinct form like this. Unfortunately, the positives are being touted nationally and make the area a target for people in less fortunate positions or locations. There is no utopia. There is not a simple solution to growth like central Texas is experiencing.

There can be a conscious decision to remain positive about living in a vibrant area with a strong economy and problems related to growth rather than economic failure and despair.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:56 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynldsbr View Post
There are so many positives to the Austin area that it it very difficult to articulate them in succinct form like this. Unfortunately, the positives are being touted nationally and make the area a target for people in less fortunate positions or locations. There is no utopia. There is not a simple solution to growth like central Texas is experiencing.

There can be a conscious decision to remain positive about living in a vibrant area with a strong economy and problems related to growth rather than economic failure and despair.
wait. So all of central Texas is experiencing the rising costs? Places like Marble Falls, Pflugerville, Buda and San Marcos?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin