Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 07:14 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,162,464 times

Advertisements

looks like wilco has a lot of trails planned. Will be an awesome, huge trail system.

http://parks.wilco.org/Portals/15/Br...esentation.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 07:37 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,535,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
looks like wilco has a lot of trails planned. Will be an awesome, huge trail system.

Fantastic! I am truly excited for the people of Round Rock. Trail systems promote an active lifestyle for the suburbs.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:46 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,538,099 times
Yay!! A future one planned right outside of where I live!

Old 11-11-2015, 07:10 AM

2,602 posts, read 2,988,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post

Any progress is good I suppose, but it seems a bit short-sighted. I'd like to see more details on how it ties into Austin's trail system plans.

Instead, they seem to go out of their way to exclude Austin, having "To Austin" on the map when Austin is actually near 1/4 of the land on that map.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:13 PM

416 posts, read 590,560 times
Is that what all the surveying flags on Hairy Man is about? Or is that something else.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Any progress is good I suppose, but it seems a bit short-sighted. I'd like to see more details on how it ties into Austin's trail system plans.

Instead, they seem to go out of their way to exclude Austin, having "To Austin" on the map when Austin is actually near 1/4 of the land on that map.
Why should Austin be considered when much of brushy creek is not in Austin?

Old 11-12-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Why should Austin be considered when much of brushy creek is not in Austin?
Because the map isn't concerned about only Brushy Creek, it's also concerned about the connectivity of the trail with other trails (including west of 183, nowhere near Brushy Creek).

Old 11-12-2015, 08:49 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,591,919 times
In our neck of the woods, Brushy Creek(the creek) is actually the border between Austin and 'not' Austin(Cedar Park, RR ETJ) and THE trail is not in Austin. However, if the regulating body is WilCo, much of Austin up here IS in WilCo. Life can be complicated

Old 11-12-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Because the map isn't concerned about only Brushy Creek, it's also concerned about the connectivity of the trail with other trails (including west of 183, nowhere near Brushy Creek).
And most (if not all) of those other trails are in Williamson County and outside of the city of Austin. Except for maybe that Avery Ranch area that Coach Rick mentions that's the dividing line. It appears to me to be a regional, Wilco specific, trail system. So I'm not sure why Austin would even be considered except for the places that are directly on the county line. Many people will just use their own trail area; I doubt people are going to walk from Hutto to Cedar Park on a connected trail system.

I, for one, and happy that my area is getting a dedicated trail along a pretty scenic stretch. the Brushy Creek section that passes by my neighborhood is "untamed" and I suppose I will miss that. I'd rather a boardwalk or something..

Old 11-12-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
And most (if not all) of those other trails are in Williamson County and outside of the city of Austin. Except for maybe that Avery Ranch area that Coach Rick mentions that's the dividing line. It appears to me to be a regional, Wilco specific, trail system. So I'm not sure why Austin would even be considered except for the places that are directly on the county line.
Because Austin is a major city in Wilco. Not just "on the county line", but with a large chunk in Wilco. As I said, about a quarter of the map they show is actually in the CoA.

Or if not Austin, why no attention paid to CapMetro and connectivity with the trails they're developing (in Wilco).

Again, it doesn't make the proposed trail bad. It's just that the more connected it is, as part of a larger trail system, it gets even better. Like that proposed "walk for a day" Violet Crown trail down south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin