Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 04:56 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl_to_aus View Post
Which elementary school does the Leander section of Canyon Creek go to?

Grandview Hills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 05:05 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCUE View Post
Just wanted to add that the times you are mentioning here 7am and 8:30am are both right bang in the middle of rush hour. I would say if he could go at 6/6:30 or after 9:30 then you are talking! Good luck!
Agreed.

And even "off peak" (which is shrinking since "off peak" windows are disappearing on 620 north and on Anderson Mill Rd).... the commute from the middle of Steiner to McNeil/Parmer would be 45 min. minimum.

If my work was at Parmer & McNeil and Mrs. Hound was perusing Steiner Ranch real estate listings because of the pretty pictures, I'd also have her start perusing divorce attorney listings.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:35 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl_to_aus View Post
He doesn't have to travel during rush hour. He can stagger his hours, can go early at 7, or go later around 8:30, will that be manageable? He had been doing that in Atlanta for many years, because we chose to live closer to my workplace. We understand a longer commute is challenging and takes away the flexibility.

However, we saw a few homes in Steiner Ranch yesterday and the ones with the hill country views are just too beautiful to let go. It will be hard for us now to not pursue this area further.

CarnivalGal, do you have any input about the schools and how does Laura Bush and Steiner Ranch compare. We don't want to go to River Ridge, it's even further away from the entrance.
If he leaves at 7:00, that would be infinitely better than leaving at 8:30, when everyone is trying to get to the high school.

Honestly, all of the schools are great. My kids go to Steiner Ranch Elementary, and we love it. It is the smallest and least crowded of the three. We have been very happy there. Bush is great too, but lots of kids. River Ridge is the most crowded of the three. I will also say, and I know people are going to jump all over me on this, but River Ridge also seems to reflect a lot of the stereotypical Steiner, Stepford Wife, my car is more expensive than your car, kind of feel. It was loud and clear a couple years ago when the district was re-drawing the boundaries for Bush and River Ridge.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:37 PM

11 posts, read 12,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Agreed.

And even "off peak" (which is shrinking since "off peak" windows are disappearing on 620 north and on Anderson Mill Rd).... the commute from the middle of Steiner to McNeil/Parmer would be 45 min. minimum.

If my work was at Parmer & McNeil and Mrs. Hound was perusing Steiner Ranch real estate listings because of the pretty pictures, I'd also have her start perusing divorce attorney listings.
Actually, it's the other way round for us . I'm more worried about his commute time, than he is. But I'm also getting concerned about me not reaching quickly to stores, mall, library, restaurants etc.

We visited the twin creek country club area and Bella Vista. We are planning to explore that area more. Any opinions about that? Schools would either be cypress elementary or deer creek elementary and cedar park middle and high.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:39 PM

5 posts, read 8,584 times
I live halfway into Steiner, leave my house at 6:45am and can get to 183 and Braker in 25 mins. I do that via 2222 - 360 or 620 - Anderson Mill - 183. Steiner is awesome. Everything is in TheBubble. Way better views than most anywhere in Austin besides Westlake / Cuernavaca / Beecave. Schools are amazing. Vandegrift will surpass Westlake and be #2 behind Westwood. Plenty of development happening on 620 in both Lakeway and Four Points. Traffic is way worse down South. Shopping? Amazon Prime and the Randall's at the front.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:47 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasondigitized View Post
I live halfway into Steiner, leave my house at 6:45am and can get to 183 and Braker in 25 mins. I do that via 2222 - 360 or 620 - Anderson Mill - 183. Steiner is awesome. Everything is in TheBubble. Way better views than most anywhere in Austin besides Westlake / Cuernavaca / Beecave. Schools are amazing. Vandegrift will surpass Westlake and be #2 behind Westwood. Plenty of development happening on 620 in both Lakeway and Four Points. Traffic is way worse down South. Shopping? Amazon Prime and the Randall's at the front.
Which RE firm do you work for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin