Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 10:32 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2017 View Post
CptnRn, where can I find the charts you showed above for gender distribution over various age groups? I'd like to see charts for other cities. Thanks.

Quote:
//www.city-data.com go to any city listed. Scroll down to the line/link that says :

(City name) Residents, Houses and Apartment Details.

Scroll down that new page a short ways and you will find the chart.

I misinterpreted which charts you were looking for in the above direct message response, but the ones referenced above are on the same page, just considerably lower down on the page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 11:44 AM

9 posts, read 9,128 times
In all seriousness, is Austin a good place for older single people? When I've visited it's been very easy to meet people but visiting is different than living somewhere...

Old 10-04-2016, 11:46 AM

9 posts, read 9,128 times
In all seriousness, is Austin a good place for older singles NOT looking to date below their age range? I've had no trouble meeting people when I've visited but visiting is different than living somewhere...

Old 10-04-2016, 12:33 PM

668 posts, read 783,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IADtoAUS View Post
In all seriousness, is Austin a good place for older singles NOT looking to date below their age range? I've had no trouble meeting people when I've visited but visiting is different than living somewhere...
Absolutely, yes. I didn't get married until I was 38 (met my husband at 36.) I met prior boyfriends through friends, online, etc. There are lots of things to do here and since the weather is nice (read: hot to very hot) most of the year, there are many opportunities to be out and meeting people.

Honestly, I find the OP's whole "older dude wanting to date women 5-10 years younger" thing to be really tired, and when I was in my 20s and early 30s, I avoided guys who I could tell were purposefully doing that. If it's your modus operandi _all the time_, it's a bit creepy. I say this and I married someone who is 6 years younger than me--but I also dated guys who were my age and 6-8 years OLDER than me before that. Just keep your eyes and your mind open.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:10 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,663 times
Quote:
Depends how you define "older."

Old 10-04-2016, 04:28 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
Depends how you define "older."
No kidding! MY definition of "older" has changed a LOT over the past couple of decades

Old 10-05-2016, 09:18 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,509,374 times
Austin has not been just a college town for maybe 50 years. When I moved here after college in the 80's I found that nickname absurd shortly. If you live near UT then you will feel like you are still in college, get away from there and you will find much diversity. It is also a government "town" too.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:49 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,290,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Austin has not been just a college town for maybe 50 years. When I moved here after college in the 80's I found that nickname absurd shortly. If you live near UT then you will feel like you are still in college, get away from there and you will find much diversity. It is also a government "town" too.
Exactly, Austin is a big city that has a large college within it. The majority of the population and economy have nothing to do with UT at all.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:59 AM

43 posts, read 84,739 times
Quote:
In all seriousness, is Austin a good place for older single people? When I've visited it's been very easy to meet people but visiting is different than living somewhere...
Austin does trend young... but you shouldn't have any problems. Lots of boomers here. I'm one of 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin