Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 09:06 PM

30 posts, read 37,500 times

Advertisements

My son has been playing baseball leagues and like to continue after our move to Austin. Are there any specific areas in North Austing, Southwest, South Austin that have easy access to baseball camps, leagues. Which schools are relatively preferred for baseball kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 09:09 PM

361 posts, read 1,163,707 times
Age of your son? Little league is big in Austin, but most kids serious about the sport play select starting at age 13. Many good schools for baseball in town.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:58 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,780,446 times
Town & Country has a VERY active (with multiple levels) Baseball program up to the HS age. My son played there thru elementary school and my nephew played Select there thru MS.

I suspect that WWHS, CPHS, VRHS, RRHS & maybe Gtown HS would have strong programs. I would google UIL Texas Baseball & see if any of these HSs are in the State Top 10 in 6A or 5A.

(& south of the river, I would think that LT, WL, Dripping & Bowie would have strong programs)

Old 01-09-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPlastic View Post
Age of your son? Little league is big in Austin, but most kids serious about the sport play select starting at age 13. Many good schools for baseball in town.
He will be turning 9. Like to live in areas with easier access to little leagues and also put him in schools with good programs for baseball.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Town & Country has a VERY active (with multiple levels) Baseball program up to the HS age. My son played there thru elementary school and my nephew played Select there thru MS.

I suspect that WWHS, CPHS, VRHS, RRHS & maybe Gtown HS would have strong programs. I would google UIL Texas Baseball & see if any of these HSs are in the State Top 10 in 6A or 5A.

(& south of the river, I would think that LT, WL, Dripping & Bowie would have strong programs)
Thanks hound. Which areas off CPHS, VRHS, RRHS would have easier access to baseball fields

Old 01-10-2016, 08:45 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
The Oak Hill Youth Sports Association is very active in SW Austin.

Home

Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,573,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhaj.s View Post
Thanks hound. Which areas off CPHS, VRHS, RRHS would have easier access to baseball fields
For kids eventually going to CPHS and VRHS, Cedar Park Youth League fields are on Cypress Creek in between those two High Schools and very close to CPHS. There are 9 fields there and batting cages, etc. I know Round Rock has a similar program over in Round Rock, but not sure of the details.

Cedar Park Youth League

A good amount of Leander kids play with CPYL, but last I heard was that they were building some new fields up there to accommodate them still associated with CPYL.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:16 PM

171 posts, read 229,365 times
Lake Travis Youth Association, Westerns Hills Little League/West Austin Youth Association and some of the others mentioned already are great. I would figure out more than just the sports because other factors will likely come into play for a move.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
For kids eventually going to CPHS and VRHS, Cedar Park Youth League fields are on Cypress Creek in between those two High Schools and very close to CPHS. There are 9 fields there and batting cages, etc. I know Round Rock has a similar program over in Round Rock, but not sure of the details.

Cedar Park Youth League

A good amount of Leander kids play with CPYL, but last I heard was that they were building some new fields up there to accommodate them still associated with CPYL.
Thanks Mark. Any where in CP, Round rock and Leander seems good for baseball. Safe to assume basket ball camps are plenty in these areas(?)

Old 01-10-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Austin View Post
Lake Travis Youth Association, Westerns Hills Little League/West Austin Youth Association and some of the others mentioned already are great. I would figure out more than just the sports because other factors will likely come into play for a move.
True Ariel_Austin. This forum has been very helpfu with other areas as well. Please do share if any suggestions for other factors for people moving to Austin. I have so far narrowed down to be on North side around CP, VR, RR HS areas keeping schools and commute to major job market in downtow, research blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin