Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 06:13 AM

71 posts, read 146,548 times

Advertisements

Check out Mesa Park (under budget) and Balcones Woods (at or over budget) 78759 - east of 183 / west of Mopac / south of Duval

Nice neighborhoods - friendly people - nice park - 2 neighborhoods are next to each other

MLS#: 4383002 just went up on market - few houses from park - smaller than you want though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 08:38 AM

22 posts, read 35,532 times
qunice: thanks for the recommendations. We just made an offer yesterday on a house in 78759 (haven't heard back yet) and are going today to see the house you listed. It's a 3/2, so not too small for us.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 AM

363 posts, read 988,651 times
I don't know about other people on here, but I have lived in the Austin area my entire 40+ years of living and do not ever remember any neighbors caring about political leanings of anyone else. I think the OP is over thinking things. It's pretty simple, maintain your lawn, your house, and don't be a jerk. You would be surprised at how well that works around here.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:35 PM

145 posts, read 173,591 times
The arc of history bends towards totalitarianism.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:58 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
I don't know about other people on here, but I have lived in the Austin area my entire 40+ years of living and do not ever remember any neighbors caring about political leanings of anyone else. I think the OP is over thinking things. It's pretty simple, maintain your lawn, your house, and don't be a jerk. You would be surprised at how well that works around here.
What he said, and don't let the dog bark outside all night.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:35 AM

35 posts, read 144,480 times
You know there are some of us that find the defunding of Planned Parenthood appalling and also don't understand why politician's are so fascinated by the AK-47 under our beds.

Relax man. No one cares about your political views in Austin, unless you're at a convention or something.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:46 PM

79 posts, read 80,642 times
You aren't kidding, Shanson! I received the same treatment on my post today, requesting information on suburban Austin neighborhoods. Some people were great and very helpful; others got their knickers in a twist when I stated that I didn't want to live in a God/gutz/guns/glory neighborhood. The words "truck" and "guns" evidently touches a nerve with these people. I see a couple of them here on your post, bashing you with almost the identical comments they gave me. Blow 'em off and move on. Good luck on your search!

Old 06-13-2016, 12:25 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,955,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokemoki View Post
You aren't kidding, Shanson! I received the same treatment on my post today, requesting information on suburban Austin neighborhoods. Some people were great and very helpful; others got their knickers in a twist when I stated that I didn't want to live in a God/gutz/guns/glory neighborhood. The words "truck" and "guns" evidently touches a nerve with these people. I see a couple of them here on your post, bashing you with almost the identical comments they gave me. Blow 'em off and move on. Good luck on your search!
There are no "God, guns and glory" designated neighborhoods, yet you continue on a path of wanting to stereotype people. With a attitude like that, you won't fit in anywhere in Austin. Take your tired prejudices and hate somewhere else.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:19 PM

79 posts, read 80,642 times
Honey, you must be a very innocent man. I'm living in such a neighborhood, my husband grew up in one, and his two sisters are living in one. These kinds of neighborhoods do exist, even if they're not publicly designated as such. Sorry if the truth offends you, A-Tex. Did you actually read my posts and other people's responses about DS and other places (which I'm not familiar with)? Hate doesn't enter it at all; as I emphatically stated several times, different strokes. My husband and I don't like where we're presently living, so why do you object to us moving to place we'll feel more comfortable? It's a pity you're such an angry, hostile person.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:57 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,955,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokemoki View Post
Honey, you must be a very innocent man. I'm living in such a neighborhood, my husband grew up in one, and his two sisters are living in one. These kinds of neighborhoods do exist, even if they're not publicly designated as such. Sorry if the truth offends you, A-Tex. Did you actually read my posts and other people's responses about DS and other places (which I'm not familiar with)? Hate doesn't enter it at all; as I emphatically stated several times, different strokes. My husband and I don't like where we're presently living, so why do you object to us moving to place we'll feel more comfortable? It's a pity you're such an angry, hostile person.
You're the only angry and hostile person on this thread. You're way too interested in the private lives of your neighbors. There aren't any areas where that's going to fly. Sadly for you, there are no gulags based on people's political leanings or vehicles in Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin