Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 10:01 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner77 View Post
I was thinking 2222 on the northside. It's still 30-50 minutes down Bee Caves road (2222).
Bee Caves Rd is 2244. I live in the city of Bee Cave and it takes me 15-22 minutes to get from my house in Falconhead West off 71 to Mopac. It's not 30-50 minutes. I typically take Southwest Parkway as I don't like the lights and slow speed limit on 2244.

No trying to be argumentative, but trying to give facts so future people reading this thread understand the time difference as people who don't live out here don't understand the actual drive-times.

Last edited by FalconheadWest; 07-12-2016 at 10:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 04:26 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTravisAlum View Post
I'm getting kind of tired hearing about how long it takes to get downtown from Lakeway/Lake Travis from users who clearly have never even been to the Lakeway/Bee Cave area - much less tried the actual drive and timed it.

From someone who makes the trip from Lakeway to Downtown daily (like many others), it's 45 min during rush hour - 30 minutes outside of it. There's no "1+ hour" commutes or anything crazy like that.

Lakeway is the best of both worlds - close enough to Downtown to enjoy it, but also far enough away to get away from it. Hope this helps (from an actual Lakeway resident)!
I live in Steiner Ranch, and drive to 360 every morning during rush hour, and it takes me 45 minutes. And that's to get to 360. I don't believe for a second that you can get from Lakeway to DT during rush hour, in the middle of the school year in 45 minutes.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:50 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
We presently reside (about half the year) in a condo in Dallas with a good city view on the edge of downtown (near SMU) so do not desire another city view...... I want to see water!
Lake Travis water views in your price range at the link, but as everybody says, 620 traffic sucks. But since you are retired (like me) you can come & go without the rush hour hassle.

https://www.realtyaustin.com/villas-...vis-condos.php

Old 07-12-2016, 06:44 PM

326 posts, read 685,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I live in Steiner Ranch, and drive to 360 every morning during rush hour, and it takes me 45 minutes. And that's to get to 360. I don't believe for a second that you can get from Lakeway to DT during rush hour, in the middle of the school year in 45 minutes.
That's because you have to travel along THE most congested part of 620 in the mornings - Quinlan Park Rd to RR 2222 (and that's once you've gotten out of SR). From about 7:15AM to 9:00AM, it is completely gridlocked the whole way. Steiner Ranch to Vandegrift HS in the morning can take up to an hour itself. I wouldn't wish that commute on my worst enemy.

Lakeway to DT is a completely different route going the opposite direction with nowhere near the amount of traffic that is seen along the stretch of 620 just outside of Steiner Ranch. FalconheadWest is exactly right. Let's just let the people who actually DO live out in Bee Cave/Lakeway to be the ones who inform potential new residents of the drive times. We're the ones that are actually out there driving it everyday.

You don't have to believe me, but I do it every single day.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:01 PM

20 posts, read 30,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTravisAlum View Post
I'm getting kind of tired hearing about how long it takes to get downtown from Lakeway/Lake Travis from users who clearly have never even been to the Lakeway/Bee Cave area - much less tried the actual drive and timed it.

From someone who makes the trip from Lakeway to Downtown daily (like many others), it's 45 min during rush hour - 30 minutes outside of it. There's no "1+ hour" commutes or anything crazy like that.

Lakeway is the best of both worlds - close enough to Downtown to enjoy it, but also far enough away to get away from it. Hope this helps (from an actual Lakeway resident)!
I posted somewhere else and have been looking for an actual Lakeway person to say something positive. We are relocating there in about 9 months and I was starting to get worried because there's so much negativity. THANK YOU!

Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 PM

300 posts, read 414,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
We are going to be looking for a place to rent or buy in the Lake Travis area. Any tips? Any specific things to desire or avoid? Thanks in Advance.
Check this place. It is walking distant to lake with lake view.
14618 Mansfield Dam Ct UNIT 6, Austin, TX 78734 | Zillow

Old 10-04-2016, 11:46 PM

151 posts, read 238,657 times
Let's be reasonable about these commutes and probably say we are ALL correct. Mostly because LTISD (what I consider the Lake Travis area) is HUGE! For example, you can't tell me that it doesn't take at least 45mins- 1 hour during rush hour to get from Spicewood to downtown. If you are in the heart of lakeway, you have to budget 10 minutes or so just to get out of the neighborhood onto 620, so that probably is pushing at least 45 mins if you are trying to be downtown right at 9am. Hudson Bend is a no win situation because going north to 2222 will be forever and going south to 2244 will be forever too, whether it be rush hour or not! However, if you are in the uplands or right near the eanes border in Bee Caves and only have to deal with 71/2244, I can imagine half an hour is all you need during rush hour, depending on what is happening between 360 and Mopac on 2244.

Point is: there is no typical LT Area commute because we are talking about an area of roughly 118 sq. miles and is larger than Georgetown, Leander, Round Rock, and Cedar Park combined!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin