Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 02:51 PM

1,133 posts, read 4,185,599 times

Advertisements

So living in VOWO will shave how much time off of your commute to downtown? If the Slaughter/Brodie intersection is so bad, does living in VOWO make it much easier/faster to get on MOPAC?

I was just reading how Mills is better than Baranoff so I'm starting to think that VOWO may be a better fit for us. From what I've read Baranoff is a "one size fits all" kind of place. Sounds like kids with special needs have a hard time whether they're gifted or delayed. Mills sounds a little more relaxed too. We're worried about how seriously some of these schools uphold their status by drilling the students to excel on tests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 03:01 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times
what is vowo?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Villages of Western Oaks

Old 02-21-2008, 03:36 PM

701 posts, read 2,481,812 times
I think getting to Mopac is probably easier from VOWO, but Trainwreck20 can probably elaborate since I think he lives in that area and commutes through Brodie/Slaughter.

I've driven through both and get the impression VOWO is bigger, not sure if that matters one way or another. Have you driven through either of them?

Both have nice grocery stores nearby. I think it's been mentioned on this forum that VOWO has a really nice public pool and park (the pool is pretty big) but I've never seen SH's. The homes in SH seem to be older which, if you consider the trees and their size, is kind of nice, not that VOWO doesn't have its fair share.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 PM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
I commute from VOWO via Escarpment to Wm Cannon to 290 and then over to MoPac. It is quicker and much less stressful than Slaughter to MoPac. I have a co-worker who lives in SH, and she comes up Brodie to 290 and then over to MoPac, I think.

I like the character in SH better than VOWO, but the access from VOWO to shopping is great and the traffic is almost non-existent.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisch View Post
I think getting to Mopac is probably easier from VOWO, but Trainwreck20 can probably elaborate since I think he lives in that area and commutes through Brodie/Slaughter.

I've driven through both and get the impression VOWO is bigger, not sure if that matters one way or another. Have you driven through either of them?

Both have nice grocery stores nearby. I think it's been mentioned on this forum that VOWO has a really nice public pool and park (the pool is pretty big) but I've never seen SH's. The homes in SH seem to be older which, if you consider the trees and their size, is kind of nice, not that VOWO doesn't have its fair share.
I looked at houses in SH but I didn't know about VOWO the last time I was in Austin. I liked the community pool in SH. It seemed small but friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin