Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:49 AM

668 posts, read 776,712 times

Advertisements

The very best time to go to the kosher HEB is on Saturday morning, too! I love shopping there. It's a great store and about 6000 times more peaceful and less overrun.

Whoever said North Austin is going downhill clearly doesn't live there. I bought my old house in Quail Creek in 2008 when several of my neighbors still had bars on their windows. When I sold it in 2014 (for a pretty large profit) my 'hood was rapidly gentrifying and someone had built fancy 2-3 story modern architecture townhouses on the horse pasture a few streets behind me which they were calling "North EDGE at the Domain." Hilarious! The schools there still suck but I predict that area will become the next Crestview in a few years. It's too close into town, the Domain, Walnut Creek Park (which is awesome) etc. not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 11:58 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,040,093 times
While busier, the great hills trail/183 HEB has a lot better selection, especially of meat, than the kosher HEB.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:32 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,743,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninJT View Post
QUIET YOU!!! I mean it!! dont tell anybody where it is, nobody. Is is the only HEB in town that is not absolutely packed with people every hour of the day AND they have the best deli in town. Keep the newbies from finding it for as long as possible, or we will never find parking again. This town has gotten so, sooo damn crowded The rest of you, keep shopping at your local HEB and Torchys has the best taco's, yes keep going to Torchy's. Dont go to any other taco places.
I don't mind Torchy's.....but I do remember a Taco Truck in the corner of the Kosher HEB parking lot (& I'm not talking about a hoity toity Food Truck), I'm talking about a roach coach....that served the bankers/lawn mowers/lawyers/construction dudes (all happily standing in line). They sold a Gordita & Puerco Tacos that would bring tears to your eyes (lunch for less than $5 !!). Sadly, that roach coach hasn't been there for years.

Kosher HEB on an early weekday afternoon (before they picked the kiddos up) used to feature a stunning array of decked out mommies and other 30 & 40 something ladies only exceeded by that Steakhouse out near Steiner. Is it still that way? (maybe that's why the parking lot is so crowded. )

Old 02-15-2017, 01:43 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,897,939 times
think they stop for now.. just went by and didnt see anybody. Still got that black guy dancing at the corner of sonic parking lot. Still rapping away to music we cant hear..

Old 02-15-2017, 01:52 PM

12,867 posts, read 13,173,864 times
I'll bet if he knew that the murderer James Cross in 1965 dumped the bodies of his two UT coed victims in the field where the elementary school is now located, he'd be dancing elsewhere.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:36 PM

89 posts, read 120,268 times
Sooner or later some of these protesters are going to cross a line and get physically hurt, and things are going to get really bad. I'm all for peaceful protesting but blocking traffic and inciting fights against people who are minding their own business is likely going to be the start of lots of assaults and serious injuries. Hope whoever is running that madhouse can keep it under control.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:02 AM

436 posts, read 565,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
think they stop for now.. just went by and didnt see anybody. Still got that black guy dancing at the corner of sonic parking lot. Still rapping away to music we cant hear..
LOL guy is always there. I mean always, and may have always been there. I have seen a few cars driving around with Mexican flags sticking out of the windows but no protest, Probably wont be until the next big raid gets in the news.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:58 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,897,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninJT View Post
LOL guy is always there. I mean always, and may have always been there. I have seen a few cars driving around with Mexican flags sticking out of the windows but no protest, Probably wont be until the next big raid gets in the news.
yea some news did a report on him. it was a breif 30 sec of nothing.. What ever he is on.. need to pass that sh... we could all use it. lol.. he always smiling and just having a good time

Old 02-17-2017, 11:58 AM

24 posts, read 35,544 times
I just got back from my first visit to the Austin area. While it is never a great thing to see these type of protest, this is nothing compared to the recent protest in Baltimore city. I live outside Baltimore city but much of my family and friends work there and some work outdoors in bad neighborhoods. And I do have family that lives there as well. I was fearful for their safety at times. As long as they don't escalate to that level I think you are pretty safe. The Baltimore protesters were more destructive and there were many more people.

I did enjoy my trip and will be making Austin home this summer (well the suburbs). Yes another I'm moving to Austin person . I can feel the eye rolls, lol! I did see the traffic you all speak of but again it is nothing compared to the Baltimore/ Washington DC traffic we are used to. Good news is since my husband works from home and I am a stay at home Mom, we won't be adding to the rush hour traffic. I hope that helps you hate us less

Old 02-17-2017, 12:19 PM

125 posts, read 292,826 times
I want to protest....oh wait I have to go to work
Amazing how illegals protesting their constitutional rights...beyond the school education thing...I am not sure you have any.
In Mexico city large protest about immigration.I thought all the best and brightest came here...you guys don't want them back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: