Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:47 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,914,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
SXSW! Streets blocked, hordes of tourists looking at their phones crossing streets, special events at local businesses, pop up events in empty parking lots -- the regular March drill! took an extra 20 minutes to get home yesterday because YETI was opening their new headquarters and jamming S Congress.

It is definitely starting to build. SXSW really impacts my daily life. Some years we embrace it and do every single free thing we can but this year we are headed out of the town for the worst of it.
Yep that just hit me the other day, forgot about SXSW.. so now i got to get up a hour early to beat the traffic and hope to get off early to beat it home. Could be the reason why traffic has been bad the last few days, people getting ready..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 10:48 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,884,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bp25 View Post
Maybe some new folks moved in because it's now the best city to live in
Can't figure out why it''s considered the best city. It's just not pleasant any more, especially when it takes so long to go from point A to point B. It's just crazy here these days.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:07 AM

404 posts, read 712,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
Can't figure out why it''s considered the best city. It's just not pleasant any more, especially when it takes so long to go from point A to point B. It's just crazy here these days.
Having made my tentative plans to resign Austin residency, I'm at peace with it's transformation now. I have seen co-workers spend 3 hours a day, 5 days a week commuting because they didn't plan effectively. I can't even imagine Austin in 2025, other than glitsy stupid yuppie crap condos all over the place, long lines for everything fun and parking lot freeways. Some people think Austin will melt into Buda, Kyle and San Marcos all the way to San Antonio, spreading east and west from i35. and create a massive central Texas based population increase. I can see that happening.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:31 PM

169 posts, read 186,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredding_Gnar78 View Post
I have seen co-workers spend 3 hours a day, 5 days a week commuting because they didn't plan effectively. I can't even imagine Austin in 2025, other than glitsy stupid yuppie crap condos all over the place, long lines for everything fun and parking lot freeways.

Yup, that sounds about right. What happened to LA, will happen to Austin, and then there'll be a new target. That's pretty much the destiny of all popular cities tho, isn't it? The population grows. There's no way to avoid it. You can only move to a boring small town that a few people want to live in. Overpopulation is a thing.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:34 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,886,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredding_Gnar78 View Post
Having made my tentative plans to resign Austin residency.
Where are you going?

Old 03-01-2017, 03:24 AM

404 posts, read 712,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Where are you going?
Moving in with a friend to North San Antonio in Fall, but I'll be spending summer in San Diego. My company has their most productive facility in North SA. I don't plan on settling down there, but at least they have HEB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin