Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 03:10 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,126,598 times

Advertisements

I managed to win tickets for this weekend and now have to figure out parking. Does anyone know how parking works for MotoGP? do they do buses like they did for F1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 03:19 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,887,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodinvilleguy View Post
I managed to win tickets for this weekend and now have to figure out parking. Does anyone know how parking works for MotoGP? do they do buses like they did for F1?
No buses, according to CoTA's facebook page (which actually has a lot of folks asking questions about parking right now) : https://www.facebook.com/CircuitofTh...=wall&filter=2

From what I can tell, you will need to pay for parking at the facility and it will be $30 each day. However during F1, there were quite a few nearby residents offering parking at $15-20. Might be less for MotoGP. I know you aren't supposed to walk in, but many people were parking at those makeshift lots. The residents might have been running their own little shuttles, and dropping off people at the track (which is permitted).

I'm still contemplating going. There is a Mr. Gattis special for $99 for 2 tickets, food and a parking pass -- but Saturday only. I'm not a huge MotoGP fan so it might be just as fun for me on Saturday with the support races and qualifying. Plus the Bright Light Social Hour is playing on Saturday, http://6bd32fe3d0a84caa1d3b-e077574e...4-15-13%29.pdf

Congrats on winning the tickets! It's a really neat place.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 PM

95 posts, read 181,926 times
You should still be able to buy the parking tickets only @ticketmaster website.
Last time I looked they were $60 for a car (3 days weekend), or $$30 for a motorcycle.
Price day by day should be $25 for car (if available), $15 for motorcycle

So it really depends what kind of ticket you won. Congratulation btw

Old 04-16-2013, 03:40 PM

Best to call or maybe direct message them on Facebook. The info on parking in their FAQ is very confusing. See if you can decipher this:

Quote:
14. What are the Parking Policies?

*ALL INFO BELOW IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

All parking lots will open at 6:30 A.M.
There will NO day of event parking passes on sale.
Cash parking will be available in Lot F (unpaved) for $30 per day.
There will be NO in and out parking privileges, no exceptions.
Please keep in mind that there will be NO shuttle service to and from the track.
If you have not done so, we encourage you to purchase your parking pass in advance to help alleviate your time of travel.
Parking passes are no longer available.
No pedestrians, with or without a ticket, or vehicles without the proper credentials will be admitted into the circuit. Bicycle policies are still under development and can be checked at our transportation link on the following line for the latest information.
Please refer to our website link for any questions. Transportation Information - COTA
FAQ - MotoGP | Circuit of The Americas - Home of the Formula 1 US Grand Prix | Nov. 16-18, 2012 | Austin TX

Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 5,408 times
Why is it 30 bucks a day ?
You get in, park. watch race, go home.
its not a public parking spot - everyone thats going, has tickets to the race. Therefore there are no 'shortage' of parking spots as there are no other events.

this is flat out price gouging I say.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydeism View Post
Why is it 30 bucks a day ?
You get in, park. watch race, go home.
its not a public parking spot - everyone thats going, has tickets to the race. Therefore there are no 'shortage' of parking spots as there are no other events.

this is flat out price gouging I say.
It's the same thing at NFL stadiums, like Reliant or Cowboys stadium. As you say, it's not public parking -- it's a revenue generator for the expensive new facility. Like $8 beer or $4 water inside the facility.

The definition of price gouging is different -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging

Old 04-17-2013, 08:05 PM

95 posts, read 181,926 times
interesting...
Chris Taylor Racing ServicesCOTA Parking - Chris Taylor Racing Services

Old 04-18-2013, 12:58 PM

163 posts, read 409,034 times
Taylor's shop is great if your seats(or preferred GA viewing area) are in the first half of the track (T1-10). Lot F is more convenient for T11-20.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:07 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,126,598 times
We ended up having to park at Lot L, which was on the exact opposite side of the track from our seats.... My eight year old made it there but get back sucked. We found out there is a shuttle but you have to walk up the hill to turn 1, then wait in line for the 2 vans that are the "Shuttle". For some reason their tram only runs between the grandstand and the village which is a short flat walk. Why they don't have it circle the track I don't know.

Getting out of the parking lot to 130 sucked. They still have kinks to be worked out.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:08 PM

251 posts, read 398,523 times
Parked about 1/2 mile from the track for $10. Very easy and zero traffic getting out of the lot. Will do again next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin