Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 PM

34 posts, read 366,114 times

Advertisements

I seen online that there was an Ice Cream Festival last year. Do they have that every year or was in a 1 time thing?

What other festivals are worth attending?

Teresa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 05:09 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Boy, you can hardly throw a rock in this area without hitting a festival!

I can't find anything about another Ice Cream Festival, but here's their website you can watch just in case. Since the last one was in August, I'm thinking if there's another one it'll be right around then. There's contact info on that website in case you want to go right to the source.

The Austin Chocolate Festival is this weekend.

The Texas Wine & Food Festival is in April - it's many days long, but you can attend the parts that you're really interested in, and I highly recommend Sunday Fair the last day of the festival.

The 45th Annual Eeyore's Birthday Party is the last weekend in April.

The Old Pecan Street Festival, Spring edition, is in May (fall festival is in September).

SXSW starts today and runs through the 16th.

The Austin City Limits Music Festival is in September, but you'll want to get your tickets as soon as possible.
Here's a list of lots of festivals in Austin, many of them coming up soon.

And that's only the tip of the iceberg. What are you particularly interested in? Bet I can find a festival in honor of it! (ANY excuse to party is Austin's motto - well, one of them, anyway.)

Old 03-07-2008, 06:08 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
The brand new Long Performing Arts Center is having it's Sneak Peek this weekend:
This weekend-

The Long Center Presents

All the performances are free; it seems you have to get tickets online, but they are all $0.00. Not sure how that works. One of the venues is outside on a terrace of some sort, you could probably just walk-in for that one.

This sounds interesting: First Annual Pysch Fest

((((((((((((( L I V E M U S I C C A P I T O L ))))))))))))

Seems like some old-style pyschedelic and art? Inspired by the Vulcan Gas company? At a new venue called the Red Barn on Burnet? Anyone know anything about this?

The rodeo is going on: .::Star of Texas::. - yee ha

There is the Starflight 5K at Zilker Saturday morning.

Whole bead show at the convention center: Whole Bead Show

Seconda Saturday Art Trail in Kerrville - Art In The Hills

Hill Country outdoors "Hikes You'll Like" at the Barton Creek Greenbelt on Sunday: Austin's Most Active Outdoor, Sport and Social Club - Hill Country Outdoors - Membership Web Site by Memberize.com

You have no reason to stay home this weekend!

Old 03-07-2008, 06:23 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
This sounds interesting: First Annual Pysch Fest

Flashbaaaacccckkkkk!!!! (Remembering when the tiny little female drummer of the Velvet Underground came out on the stage of the Vulcan Gas Company and nailed her drum set to the floor - we knew we were in for a ride then!)

Old 03-07-2008, 08:39 PM

16 posts, read 57,548 times
the hot sauce festival

salsa festival

Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 PM

Well you can betcha, I will be at the ice cream festival ( if there is one this year) and the hot sauce festival. Thanks for the links Texashorselady and atxcio

Some of the others sound interesting too, I will check into them, thanks

Teresa

Old 03-07-2008, 08:55 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Boy, you can hardly throw a rock in this area without hitting a festival!

I can't find anything about another Ice Cream Festival, but here's their website you can watch just in case. Since the last one was in August, I'm thinking if there's another one it'll be right around then. There's contact info on that website in case you want to go right to the source.

The Austin Chocolate Festival is this weekend.
Ice cream and chocolate festivals!?!? Now I am positive that I am making the right decision to move to Austin this Summer!!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Ice cream and chocolate festivals!?!? Now I am positive that I am making the right decision to move to Austin this Summer!!

I am moving there next month, so I am very excited about these festivals. If there is going to be an Ice cream festival, hope they make enough, I am an addict, also with the salsa . Oh and the chocolate festival, yummmmmy!

I might just try and hit all of them and learn what each one is all about

Teresa

Old 03-07-2008, 10:40 PM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,706,628 times
Not really a festival, but the Weiner Dog Races in Buda are fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin