Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:47 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,957,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Too bad I'm here now and that 280k is too much and to buy a 120k house it would be a tear down. But I see you.

Doesn't mean I can't have hypocritical opinions. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, though.
Fixed your post for you. Why should other people stop moving here when you just did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 05:55 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Please stop coming here.
Lol. You posted a feel-good liberal meme here not that long ago about your household being one of great tolerance and love for others, including illegal immigrants. I guess fellow Americans exercising their liberty to move about their own country don't count.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:18 AM

9,854 posts, read 13,723,294 times
K.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:29 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,097,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I was in Austin for the first time last month and really loved it. As opposed to Atlanta which I did not care for so much and which was WAY different than SoCal, I thought Austin had a strong California vibe, infact I sometimes thought I was in SoCal because so much of it resembled. I understand why it's appealing to Californians.

how is the Pflugerville area doing? Is it realistic to get a small townhome there for $275k or so? I can hear all the Austinites screaming "Please stop coming here, we're full...." LMAO!

There are some new condos in Pflugerville off of Heatherwilde Blvd going for about $250K. I think they're about 2,000 sq ft and 3-4 bedrooms? They're DR Horton, just FYI.

Good luck!

Old 05-16-2017, 08:51 AM

436 posts, read 571,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livedeverywhere123 View Post

If you have any questions feel free to reach out.
Have you sold your own homes before without a realtor? My friends are telling me to just hire a realtor but they also have something I do not, Trust Funds. $10k could be all the difference in the world in a move from state to state.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:05 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,023,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninJT View Post
Have you sold your own homes before without a realtor? My friends are telling me to just hire a realtor but they also have something I do not, Trust Funds. $10k could be all the difference in the world in a move from state to state.
A lawsuit because you screw up a real estate transaction will hurt you a lot worse than $10K. Cheaping out on anything in life rarely costs you less in the long run.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:13 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,853,447 times
Quote:
There's a name for folks that do FSBO - "Fraud Victim".

I learned the hard way many years ago - it cost me $50k. The buyer knew EXACTLY what they were doing. The Title Company didn't care - THEIR job was to protect the bank and the house.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:24 AM

436 posts, read 571,571 times
So I either get screwed by a realtor who wants to make a quick buck and convinces me to list the house for bare minimum or I get sued because their realtor knows how to use the rules against me? Those are my options?

And you wonder why some people have trust issues with realtors. At this point it just does not seem worth it to even try and I should just rent my place for barely enough to cover the mortgage while I move up north and rent a duplex in a ghetto.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:47 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,511,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
There are some new condos in Pflugerville off of Heatherwilde Blvd going for about $250K. I think they're about 2,000 sq ft and 3-4 bedrooms? They're DR Horton, just FYI.

Good luck!
I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend those condos. In addition to being mass produced DR Hortons, they are adjacent to a Section 8 housing complex.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:08 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,448,101 times
Quote:
So I either get screwed by a realtor who wants to make a quick buck and convinces me to list the house for bare minimum or I get sued because their realtor knows how to use the rules against me? Those are my options?

And you wonder why some people have trust issues with realtors. At this point it just does not seem worth it to even try and I should just rent my place for barely enough to cover the mortgage while I move up north and rent a duplex in a ghetto.
Find a GOOD Realtor. Ask neighbors and friends for recommendations of people they have actually used to sell and buy their house, not just the name of their cousin/sister/friend. Pick a few and have them do listing presentations for you. They should suggest pricing and back it up with comps. They should be familiar with your area. Generally speaking, the folks who are selling a gazillion houses a year are not necessarily the best. First, you will never see them after the listing presentation; you will deal with one of their many assistants. Second, they are the ones most likely to buy your house from you and flip it.

There are a lot of crappy, dishonest Realtors (we've run across them). There are also a lot of really inexperienced Realtors. But there are plenty of good ones as well, you just need to find one.

I would not recommend you selling yourself. Selling with a Realtor is already a big enough pain in the rear as it is, I would gladly pay to not deal with that stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin