Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 07:08 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody, I am asking for my parents because they are thinking of retiring in the Horseshoe Bay area.They want to know where people who live in Horseshoe Bay go grocery shopping.I assume HEB and/or some other grocery store in Marble Falls if they even have grocery stores there.Also, how intense of a drive is it to get groceries.I dont think its that far.Thanks in advance everybody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 09:38 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,269 times
I was there with my family this past weekend. We came with food, though there were thoughts to get a few items.

There is a gourmet market called Bayside Fresh Market (Bayside Fresh Market) and it is within Horseshoe Bay proper. HEB would be next up the road, followed by Walmart. Both are about 10 miles away from the aforementioned market.

Travel is like resort life. Everyone's going the same time and in the same direction as you. Consider traffic and leave about 6 AM as the summer breaks. Off-season should be no problem. FM 2147 is like a country lane and it travels right by the bridge over the river in Marble Falls. It is 1-3 miles to HEB and Walmart, respectively from the 2147/281 junction. Happy planning for all involved.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
I was there with my family this past weekend. We came with food, though there were thoughts to get a few items.

There is a gourmet market called Bayside Fresh Market (Bayside Fresh Market) and it is within Horseshoe Bay proper. HEB would be next up the road, followed by Walmart. Both are about 10 miles away from the aforementioned market.

Travel is like resort life. Everyone's going the same time and in the same direction as you. Consider traffic and leave about 6 AM as the summer breaks. Off-season should be no problem. FM 2147 is like a country lane and it travels right by the bridge over the river in Marble Falls. It is 1-3 miles to HEB and Walmart, respectively from the 2147/281 junction. Happy planning for all involved.
Thanks very much Kim Atoms for your helpful insight.Sorry it took so long to respond.....I guess we would shop at the HEB and maybe the Walmart too.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:45 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,223,452 times
When DH and I first moved to Texas in 2012 we lived in HorseShoe Bay. The Bayside market (Frmly Jaramillos) was not opened at the time, our options were the HEB or Wal-Mart in Marble Falls. We usually went to the HEB. Its about a 15-20 minute drive.
We also headed to Costco and Trader Joes in Austin about once a month.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatnv View Post
When DH and I first moved to Texas in 2012 we lived in HorseShoe Bay. The Bayside market (Frmly Jaramillos) was not opened at the time, our options were the HEB or Wal-Mart in Marble Falls. We usually went to the HEB. Its about a 15-20 minute drive.
We also headed to Costco and Trader Joes in Austin about once a month.
Okay I see...thanks for your input,mamacatnv.I really appreciate your info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin