Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 08:14 AM

668 posts, read 783,516 times

Advertisements

I recommend looking for private landlords instead of renting through a leasing agency, if you can find them. I rented two houses in Central Austin and East Austin (both through the landlords directly) and they were totally cool with pets, especially after I volunteered to let them meet my German Shepherd.

FWIW, I also lease out one of our houses through a rental agency and we very specifically told the agency we wanted to allow pets because of our own experiences renting. It will not be easy but you can find a house.

Also, I live in an HOA community now, and I think you'd only get in trouble there with too many pets if you had dogs who were outside barking all the time and it was obvious that there were more dogs than were allowed. No one in my neighborhood asks or cares how many pets you have as long as your house doesn't reek of pet feces and urine from the street or look like a scary Hoarders-style situation. If you have quiet, well-behaved dogs or indoor pets who are unobtrusive, you will be just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 433 times
If you’re okay with Northwest Austin there are some duplexes off Jollyville Road (Ranchstone Garden Homes). We lived there for a little over a year while we looked for a house after moving from Houston. When we were there we had 3 large dogs. Several of our neighbors had 4 or 5 animals.

https://ranchstonegardenhomes.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: