Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 11:02 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_deLight View Post
Not sure what you expect from DS city council? It has little impact on the ETJ areas. Austin on the other hand expects to impose onerous ordinances on property owners within its ETJ. Austin's conduct is the very reason the Dripping Springs ETJ area jumped in size.
Belterra Village.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 02:55 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,450,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Belterra Village.
What about it?

Old 12-14-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
What about it?
No controls. DP made a special category just for this location. They have done nothing to hold the builder accountable for changes to the master plan. Clear cutting trees that were promised to be left. And, since the council doesn't have to worry about losing voters in Belterra, they really don't seem to care.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
No controls. DP made a special category just for this location. They have done nothing to hold the builder accountable for changes to the master plan. Clear cutting trees that were promised to be left. And, since the council doesn't have to worry about losing voters in Belterra, they really don't seem to care.
Don't know anything about a "builder". There is a developer. The entire subdivision of Belterra is still under developer control. If you want to talk about control without accountability - every subdivision around here for decades has been part of a "master planned community" where the master plan has always been for the benefit of the developer - not the residents. Look around at all of these places - Headwaters, Arrowhead, Scenic Greens, ... the list goes on and on and on. The residents didn't "plan" any of it. They just wanted housing. They will be living under a regime that won't go away for decades if ever. I have no idea what your concern is with trees "promised to be left". Was such a promise made to you? No? Who owes you squat? I don't have a problem with taking local government to court if need be but I don't see your complaint or harm here. It also seems to be a bit remiss to try to impose restrictions on landowners in one area while apparently not imposing the same restrictions on all property in the ETJ. The city council is a bit limited in the control exercised over the ETJ and Dripping Springs does not get any taxes from the properties you complain about.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I have no idea what your concern is with trees "promised to be left". Was such a promise made to you? No? Who owes you squat?
No one owes me anything. Where I've lived in the past, government would usually have discussions about development that allows the DEVELOPER to build what they want, with limits to provide for pre-existing development. There was a promise made by the DEVELOPER to leave the cedar trees along Trinity Hills Dr as a buffer from Belterra proper to the new "Village". Now, I personally don't care who says it, but a promise made before the council should be required to be kept. At least in the world I live in.

And Belterra Village, and the property across 290, are considered limited purpose.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:17 AM

1,825 posts, read 2,826,725 times
Quote:
to leave the cedar trees along Trinity Hills Dr
Preserve ... cedar trees? Really?

Old 12-15-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine View Post
Yes. They made a nice barrier.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:59 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine View Post

Better than DIRT! Well, for 9 months of the year anyway !

Old 12-15-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
No one owes me anything. Where I've lived in the past, government would usually have discussions about development that allows the DEVELOPER to build what they want, with limits to provide for pre-existing development. There was a promise made by the DEVELOPER to leave the cedar trees along Trinity Hills Dr as a buffer from Belterra proper to the new "Village". Now, I personally don't care who says it, but a promise made before the council should be required to be kept. At least in the world I live in.

And Belterra Village, and the property across 290, are considered limited purpose.
When was this "promise" made?
Likely the final paper documents have no such requirement.
There are lots of trees along Belterra Drive up to Trinity Hills. You must be referring to portions of Trinity Hills between Nutty Brown and Belterra. Looks like "water views" due to the stormwater retention ponds.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
When was this "promise" made?
Likely the final paper documents have no such requirement.
There are lots of trees along Belterra Drive up to Trinity Hills. You must be referring to portions of Trinity Hills between Nutty Brown and Belterra. Looks like "water views" due to the stormwater retention ponds.
At a council meeting. Precisely why I'm not happy with the council. If they are going to take dominion over the development, they need to hold the developer accountable.

Obviously, you disagree. Good for you. But you probably don't live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: