Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 09:59 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times

Advertisements

I guess MileStone is doing its part to help reach a new milestone

MileStone and DRHorton must be laughing all the way to the bank with the growth of the past 5 years. Seems they were just another basic builder(or two) who can now sell homes in price ranges double that of their market just a few years ago...for better or worse. As I've said before, there are plenty of quarter-million dollar homes being built...they just cost $375K now!

https://www.mymilestone.com/find-you...tin-cedar-park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 11:08 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,573,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
I guess MileStone is doing its part to help reach a new milestone

MileStone and DRHorton must be laughing all the way to the bank with the growth of the past 5 years. Seems they were just another basic builder(or two) who can now sell homes in price ranges double that of their market just a few years ago...for better or worse. As I've said before, there are plenty of quarter-million dollar homes being built...they just cost $375K now!

https://www.mymilestone.com/find-you...tin-cedar-park
Every time that I am near that "Whitestone Landing" development, I wonder why anyone would want to live behind Sonic next to the worst intersection in Cedar Park. It's not worth the discount. Any little piece of land that these builders can get their hands on is fair game.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:37 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
Every time that I am near that "Whitestone Landing" development, I wonder why anyone would want to live behind Sonic next to the worst intersection in Cedar Park. It's not worth the discount. Any little piece of land that these builders can get their hands on is fair game.
Tell me about it. I hope this market slowdown will keep the damn new home subdivisions away with their mass produced housing. there's this single tract of land where I live, absolutely no trees, cow pasture, adjacent to a rambling farm property and a commercial strip. next to active train tracks, and Brushy creek. And Pulte has purchased the land to build a subdivision called "Arden Park" -- mind you, no trees, absolutely no views of any kind...totally undesirable land but it's in an active corridor that is almost virtually built out. And with the new planned water park and nearby amenities, they're seeing dollars. However, due to the fact that the land itself is no prize, they can only get at most $300k for their homes, vs. the weekley development down the road which is asking for 400-700 but is on a better tract of land. (Granted that land also has no trees, in an area full of trees, so it is not selling all that quickly as well).

Old 02-06-2018, 09:52 AM

12,949 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Tell me about it. I hope this market slowdown will keep the damn new home subdivisions away with their mass produced housing. there's this single tract of land where I live, absolutely no trees, cow pasture, adjacent to a rambling farm property and a commercial strip. next to active train tracks, and Brushy creek. And Pulte has purchased the land to build a subdivision called "Arden Park" -- mind you, no trees, absolutely no views of any kind...totally undesirable land but it's in an active corridor that is almost virtually built out. And with the new planned water park and nearby amenities, they're seeing dollars. However, due to the fact that the land itself is no prize, they can only get at most $300k for their homes, vs. the weekley development down the road which is asking for 400-700 but is on a better tract of land. (Granted that land also has no trees, in an area full of trees, so it is not selling all that quickly as well).
"They" are welcome to buy my 25 acres of open land (with only 3 trees in the corner) and build whatever they want on it. Only asking $3.50 sq/ft.
Nothing new has been built in the area for at least 10 years.... except for the F1 COTA race track.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:09 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,125,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
"They" are welcome to buy my 25 acres of open land (with only 3 trees in the corner) and build whatever they want on it. Only asking $3.50 sq/ft.
Nothing new has been built in the area for at least 10 years.... except for the F1 COTA race track.
It is coming, just a matter of time. The east side is a done deal. There is the eightfold project, which is supposed to be a 400 million project like the domain. It is located at the freescale location on the east side of 183, south of mlk.

Colony park is supposed to be another mueller, just north of there.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,979,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
It is coming, just a matter of time. The east side is a done deal. There is the eightfold project, which is supposed to be a 400 million project like the domain. It is located at the freescale location on the east side of 183, south of mlk.

Colony park is supposed to be another mueller, just north of there.
CotA is 9 miles away from eightfold (if that happens). There's a big difference between a project 4 miles from downtown and on 183 (eightfold) and stuff 12 miles from downtown and out past Tx130.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:30 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,048,806 times
Exponential growth versus growing exponentially...in any case it continues to grow and continues to push out the very qualities that made it popular to begin with. Soon it will be another Dallas type metro with Round Rock being the comparable to Ft Worth.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:00 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,125,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
CotA is 9 miles away from eightfold (if that happens). There's a big difference between a project 4 miles from downtown and on 183 (eightfold) and stuff 12 miles from downtown and out past Tx130.
my acreage near mlk and 183 is starting to look good

Old 02-07-2018, 06:25 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,886,180 times
This whole post failed to mention the reason for the milestone: Austin city reaching 1 million population, which will happen this year sometime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin