Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 12:41 AM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times

Advertisements

I seen San Antonio has a "new" restaraunt thread, and that made me think Austin should have a similar thread. I was kinda surprised Austin didn't already have a restaraunt thread on City-Data...

Has anybody had a chance to check out Taco Ranch on Mopac and 290 West next door to the Chik-Filet that's right around the corner from Walmart 290 West in Oak Hill?

When I heard it was owned by the same people who own P Terry's that's when I started really looking forward to this place opening up.

I woke up early one morning a few days ago and got there shortly after 6. Nothing fancy, no gimmicks, just a taco joint and no fancy tacos not a huge selection of items to choose from. Simple, basic traditional breakfast tacos. I got 1 potato egg and sausage taco and 1 chorizo and potato taco, a black coffee and a sweet and delicious home made limeade.. I forgot how much it cost, but it didnt seem like the cost was out of line and and it seemed like it was cheaper than Torchy's and Taco Deli. Everything was good. Everything tasted fresh. Very clean place, the employees are well mannered. Nothing to complain about.

I will say I do believe their black coffee is the best black coffee I've ever had in Austin, or anywhere for that matter. The limeade, it was perfect. I'll definitely be going back at least one day this coming week. Hours are 6am to 3pm M-F, 7am to 3pm on Saturday. Closed Sundays, just like the Chick Filet next door is.

I expect by the end of this year, there will be at least 3 more Taco Ranch restaraunts in the Austin area. I'm sure they will expand pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 08:27 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,095,392 times
I pretty much rely on Eater Austin for restaurant info, doesn't even occur to me to look for it here.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:33 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
CultureMap Austin is pretty up-to-date with changes in the restaurant scene.

I would imagine a C-D thread would devolve pretty quickly into the usual; but might be worth a try

News - Restaurants + Bars - CultureMap Austin

Old 02-18-2018, 09:41 AM

240 posts, read 272,025 times
Yeah, I mostly look at Austin Eater too and bookmark anything that looks interesting near me. There's a couple things I'd like to check out when the weather gets a little nicer.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:55 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
CultureMap Austin is pretty up-to-date with changes in the restaurant scene.

I would imagine a C-D thread would devolve pretty quickly into the usual; but might be worth a try
[/url]
It's done well in Charleston: //www.city-data.com/forum/charl...-go-today.html

Old 02-18-2018, 01:30 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Even living in Austin I really enjoy the new/closing restaurant thread in the SA forum. They also have a “last place you ate” thread that’s good too. Not that we need to copy them or anything. Which also reminds me I have som Brussels sprouts and bacon from picnik that I need to finish.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:07 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Does Charleston have shrimp and grits threads that insist that only 1 or 2 places in the entire area are worth mentioning(like so many of 'our' BBQ threads)????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin