Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 07:19 AM

9,854 posts, read 13,742,924 times

Advertisements

So it was just announced that Bruno Mars and Britney Spears are headlining. FORMULA 1 PIRELLI UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX - Circuit of the Americas

Needless to say, I am stoked. This is the first time since F1 has been around that I am sort of thinking of buying at least GA tickets. I noticed that parking is ridiculous (But I think that's standard) and I assume ride share will also be outrageous during that time. Are tickets as ridiculous as the parking pass is? For those of y'all that go, how is it actually worth spending all that money just for a concert that you may see the person as a spec? I'm a concert snob and know I won't be close unless there's some type of freak shift it Earth's alignment. But.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 07:25 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,929,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
So it was just announced that Bruno Mars and Britney Spears are headlining. FORMULA 1 PIRELLI UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX - Circuit of the Americas

Needless to say, I am stoked. This is the first time since F1 has been around that I am sort of thinking of buying at least GA tickets. I noticed that parking is ridiculous (But I think that's standard) and I assume ride share will also be outrageous during that time. Are tickets as ridiculous as the parking pass is? For those of y'all that go, how is it actually worth spending all that money just for a concert that you may see the person as a spec? I'm a concert snob and know I won't be close unless there's some type of freak shift it Earth's alignment. But.
I usually get my tix thru stubhub and I've been able to get really good seats (right in front of the theater) for like $80. That's about what you pay for a concert anyway. I took my son to see Tailor Swift 2 years ago and it was a great day of fun, racing followed by a concert.

I usually park at one of those lots and then take the bus. When you get to COTA you have to walk down a path which is okay in the morning but at the end of the night can be exhausting, but they do have pedicaps.

Enjoy!

Old 04-25-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I usually get my tix thru stubhub and I've been able to get really good seats (right in front of the theater) for like $80. That's about what you pay for a concert anyway. I took my son to see Tailor Swift 2 years ago and it was a great day of fun, racing followed by a concert.

I usually park at one of those lots and then take the bus. When you get to COTA you have to walk down a path which is okay in the morning but at the end of the night can be exhausting, but they do have pedicaps.

Enjoy!
I've been to COTA twice and both times I had parking passes for the super close lots but I've seen the mass exodus of walkers and the buses to get to the parking lot. It's good to know that the tickets aren't as expensive as I thought they were going to be. But anything less than the $450 I paid to see Bruno last October is cheap.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anywhere but here View Post
I dont go for the music. I go for the race. Those acts are usually gimmicks at best. Their talent is very limited. People are easy, they flock to lights like moths. It takes talent to recognize talent.

Just picking at this a bit. Bruno Mars is AMAZING live. You may want to stay for him. Not sure about Britney, but it's Britney Spears and I'm a millenial so. YASSSS.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I've been to COTA twice and both times I had parking passes for the super close lots but I've seen the mass exodus of walkers and the buses to get to the parking lot. It's good to know that the tickets aren't as expensive as I thought they were going to be. But anything less than the $450 I paid to see Bruno last October is cheap.
Hmm, Bruno is okay but I would never pay that much to see any artist. I generally prefer festivals because you can go from artist to artist.

Speaking of, this weekend is the New Orleans Jazz Fest. Friday headliner is Sting, Saturday is DJ Khalid, and Sunday is Jimmy Buffett among the hundreds of other artists. Next weekend features Lionel Richie, Beck, Sheryl Crow, Aerosmith, & the Steve Miller Band. $80 at gate, never sells out, pretty good deal. That's the kind of experience I like.

I like F1 because the racing is unique and also because there's a headliner. Also the concessions are pretty good. So a nice fun day.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Hmm, Bruno is okay but I would never pay that much to see any artist. I generally prefer festivals because you can go from artist to artist.

Speaking of, this weekend is the New Orleans Jazz Fest. Friday headliner is Sting, Saturday is DJ Khalid, and Sunday is Jimmy Buffett among the hundreds of other artists. Next weekend features Lionel Richie, Beck, Sheryl Crow, Aerosmith, & the Steve Miller Band. $80 at gate, never sells out, pretty good deal. That's the kind of experience I like.

I like F1 because the racing is unique and also because there's a headliner. Also the concessions are pretty good. So a nice fun day.
Festivals drain me. I did two full days of ACL in 2016 and unless someone like Bruno is headlining (note to self, he's off the two Saturdays of ACL). I'd rather put all my effort into one person instead of dragging myself around for a whole day. But the Jazz Fest sounds amazing! I wish I had known before I made plans! I'll have to mark it for next year.

F1 sounds like it would be a good day, if I can get my stuff together to go I wouldn't mind going for more than just the show.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:06 AM

122 posts, read 95,770 times
Quote:
Just picking at this a bit. Bruno Mars is AMAZING live. You may want to stay for him. Not sure about Britney, but it's Britney Spears and I'm a millenial so. YASSSS.
Agreed and last year it was Stevie Wonder and Justin Timberlake and the year before that it was Taylor Swift. I would not classify any of these as gimmicks or people with a lack of talent. I agree about Britney I have no idea if she is any good live or not.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
They are gimmicks. I see that flash over talent is apparent and it is not attractive to me. There are plenty of people giving there hard earned money to these people too. But, I am not much of a follower when it comes to pop culture. People have been indoctrinated by the best. It is interesting to sit back and observe what is happening.
I prefer jazz, piano, and other classical forms but my son really likes the pop bands and it's really fun to go to and especially see his happiness.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:12 PM

668 posts, read 786,353 times
Quote:
They are gimmicks. I see that flash over talent is apparent and it is not attractive to me. There are plenty of people giving there hard earned money to these people too. But, I am not much of a follower when it comes to pop culture. People have been indoctrinated by the best. It is interesting to sit back and observe what is happening.
You have a fascinating worldview, dude--between this and your commentary on how divorced people with kids are un-dateable and desperate. Let me guess, you are single?

Old 04-26-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Cool. Just means more tickets for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin