Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 11:30 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times

Advertisements

less than 20 minute commute won't happen from either area, though Round Rock has a tad advantage as far as distance. You may want to check out Highland Horizon for newer construction but there are many older, nice neighborhoods that feed into good schools in the area right next to Mopac/SH45. I really love my area but it is far east and adds to your commute time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 11:24 PM

171 posts, read 189,553 times
Ya agreed. But if you take the TX 45 toll and mopac (via Pearson ranch rd), you could probably go to domain (from avery ranch) in like 15 mins even during morning rush hour

Old 05-08-2018, 08:48 AM

103 posts, read 113,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
And honestly, it's not an easy 12 miles during rush. Parmer to MoPac is nasty as is the stretch of the Mo from there to the Domain(during peak travel times). Even the five miles from Avery to Apple Riata campus can be truly yucky. Nothing like many of the commutes experienced by thousands every day; but it's no walk in the park except during off-peak times.
I make it from Avery Ranch to MoPac in about 10 minutes every morning. I certainly wouldn't categorize it as "yucky".

Old 05-08-2018, 10:54 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimmyu View Post
I make it from Avery Ranch to MoPac in about 10 minutes every morning. I certainly wouldn't categorize it as "yucky".
I call BS. It’s 8 miles from Avery Ranch to Mopac. So, unless you never hit a light or traffic, it’s possible - just not realistic.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:12 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
According to Google Maps (which is fairly good, imho), it is 20-40 minutes from Avery Ranch (Golf Club) to the Domain. During off-hours, it is about 18 minutes. Off-hours are faster on Parmer, rush hour is quicker via 45->MoPac.

I am not sure it is relevant, but the time from Avery Ranch to the intersection of 45/MoPac is between 10 and 16 minutes, depending on traffic. Different places in Avery ranch will be a tiny bit shorter or longer.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:15 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimmyu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
I call BS. It’s 8 miles from Avery Ranch to Mopac. So, unless you never hit a light or traffic, it’s possible - just not realistic.
Done it many times over the five years we've lived ON Parmer in Avery Ranch. 8.5 miles as Roaming mentioned...you'd have to catch every light(green) and not get stuck behind the mini-vans going 40mph in the 60mph zone. The timing of the lights IS much better; but you could lose 10 minutes easy just at the train tracks/Spectrum/620 crossing, never mind the regular screw-ups at McNeil.

DW drives to Apple/Riata before rush almost every week day; but the days when she waits until 7am, it doubles the drive time for that 5 miles easy.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:12 PM

171 posts, read 189,553 times
If you take the Pearson ranch rd/ TX 45/ mopac, it's much shorter time to domain. Downside is you end up paying 2 bucks one way for toll.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:17 AM

103 posts, read 113,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Sorry, today was a little closer to 15 leaving around 8:30, but that was mainly because I hit some red lights I don't usually hit.

Of course I'm not going to count the time it takes to get out if you live in the center of the maze--that's on you. I start from the time you exit the neighborhood which for me is at Staked Plains and Lakeline.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:32 PM

17 posts, read 29,314 times
Thanks all. I think the consensus is that Steiner Ranch is out. From online research, Brushy Creek seems really nice, but in general, I feel that home inventory is very low right now. Are homes going for above or below asking nowadays over there? We will be out for a house hunting trip in early June and hope to be moved in by late July/early August so hopefully more homes come on the market.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:31 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachy26 View Post
Thanks all. I think the consensus is that Steiner Ranch is out. From online research, Brushy Creek seems really nice, but in general, I feel that home inventory is very low right now. Are homes going for above or below asking nowadays over there? We will be out for a house hunting trip in early June and hope to be moved in by late July/early August so hopefully more homes come on the market.
Nope. This is peak market. In fact, 50% of what you see today will likely be pending by the end of the month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin