Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:58 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,935,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Give a holler. We'll meet up at Room 710.
Sounds excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 08:01 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,935,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
I'm confused. You're in Seattle, playing up L.A., and saying people only come to TX because it's cheaper?

As far as metal, it's not huge in Austin, I agree it's probably larger in S.A. and there are quite a few around Houston too.
.....what? I just reread what i posted and your post makes no sense?(the first part). All i was asking about was the music scene lol so I don't know what to tell ya there man. Aside from that, thanks for the info in the second part, i've heard from most that S.A. is a better bet for metal, but i hear a lot about Austin having a big music scene, which is why i was curious if metal was a part of it.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:18 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,583,942 times
I don't know about San Antonio, but I do know Houston has a pretty big metal scene.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,367 times
Talking Metal scene in Austin

Just to make some corrections, Austin may not have a HUGE metal scene, but it's definately NOT small. I can name a few places and more than a few bands you should check out.
Places around 6th and 7th street:
Emo's (SOME metal)
Stubb's
HeadHunters
Red7
Room 710

RedRum also used to have a lot of music, but is currently I believe under new management etc.

Bands:
(unsure of what particular metal genre each is, but all can be found in the metal archives or on myspace for the most part)

By Any Means Necessary
Demontuary
Ayasoltec (previously Masochism)
Disfigured
Vesperian Sorrow
Vitality
Vital Remains
Insidious Decrepancy
Sarcolytic
Ruins of Honor
Shrapnel
Images of Violence
HammerWhore
Scattered Remains
Indisgust
Malignant Spawn
Exulcerate
Waking the Cadaver
Self Induced Pain
Bowels Out
Cerebral Rot
Vatic Ash
Eviscerated
Bound By Blasphemy
Breath of the Dying
Belligerency
Abythos
Gates of Enoch
Deceased (actually from Arlington, VA, but play in Austin a lot)
Azoth
Ninth Kingdom
Dead Haven
Maelstrom
Blood of the Lamb
Enslave the Grave
Peyton Gin

There are quite a few more bands (most of the above are hailing from Austin). As you can see.. Austin DOES have a good sized metal scene. I have personally seen over half these bands live somewhere in Austin and for the most part, I liked them.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,439 times
Wink AUSTIN METAL Currently

One year ago I was in the same boat moving to Austin from Dallas. Some may believe San Antionio or Houston have more of a Metal thing going, but Austin Actually has a huge live creditable acclaimed scene.

Every genre lives here and defiantly no exemption for metal. If you keep your eyes and ears open there are too many daily opportunities that can and will consume you if you indulge.

In 2011 the Live Metal could be heard blaring daily. Major hotspots and establishments:
(that should be Followed/Subscribed)
Dirty Dog
Heoks Death Metal Pizza
The Scoot Inn
Headhunters
Red 7
Mohawks,
Stubb's
Lovejoys
Emo's East - Metal spreading threw out sprouted need for a much larger venue for metal madness thus given birth to the new "Emo's East"

*Austin Acclaimed Acts Still In Circuit Include :
Absu
The Sword
At All Cost
Ludicra
Images of Violence
Blunt Force Trauma
Sarcolytic
Pestilence
Averse Sefira
Azoth
Pack of Wolves
Mammoth Grinder
lions of tsavo
Debauchery
Vesperian Sorrow
Wh*re of Babylon
Giant Squid
By Any Means Necessary
Prey for Sleep
Skrew
Scattered Remains
Ayasoltec
The Roller
Cocytus
Hatchetwork
Dead Earth Politics,
Southern Front
Consume the Fetus
Rise thy Ruin
Vatic Ash
AMTERRORXP
Southern Front
Self Induced Pain
Acerbus
Death Of Millions
Killing In Apathy
Of the Fallen
Masochism
Demontuary
Evil God
Critical Assembly
Atheosophy
The Way of Reversal
Imynvokad
Muerte Villa
Keletiel
The Impalers
Sinistra
Birth A.D.

(P.S. Checking at [url=http://www.metal-archives.com/lists/US]Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Browse by country - United States[/url] -SHOWS THAT THERE IS MORE METAL IN AUSTIN then HOUSTON and SAN ANTONIO PUT TOGETHER - SO ALL YOU NON-BELIEVES CAN SUCK A D8===CK IF YOUR NOT OCCUPYING A F*CKING VENUE)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin